June 15, 2007 - by Donny Shaw
- “Legislation passed by Congress would require all federal agencies in a state to comply with a governor’s request that they fly their flags at half-staff to honor a fallen service member.” – The AP. Learn more about the bill here.
- LOUIS – “the Library Of Unified Information Sources, a project of the Sunlight Foundation, and an effort, to paraphrase Justice Louis Brandeis, to illuminate the workings of the federal government. Our ultimate goal is to create a comprehensive, completely indexed and cross-referenced depository of federal documents from the executive and legislative branches of government. We are not there yet, but we can now offer these documents organized in a user-friendly interface, with a powerful search engine.”
- The standoff over whether or not earmarks would be included in appropriatons bills as they go through the House is over. Minority Leader John Boehner (R, OH) is claiming victory over Democrats on earmarks.
- Text “IMPEACH” to 30644 to support impeaching Vice President Dick Cheney. Learn more about the impeachment bill here.
- “Tell your Senator — support sending Scooter Libby to Guantanamo, or shut it down by co-sponsoring S.1249.”- You can sign the petition here. To learn more about Senator Feinstein’s bill to close Guantanamo, go here.
- “Usually, if a turd gets into the Senate, it’s because he or she was elected,” Emily Heil reports for Roll Call. “But on Wednesday, several large piles of actual, nonmetaphorical ‘No. 2’ found their way into the Capitol, and the source isn’t yet clear.” – The Raw Story