H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

lordgotmilk 07/30/2010 12:45pm
in reply to brokechristine Jul 30, 2010 9:26am

I just finished the conversation with my fiancé and she seems to be on board with this. It will require her and the oldest son to find work. I’ll be able to try to market my own business while going to school and hopefully pull in some cash here and there building websites (which will only add to the education since it would be an E-Commerce degree). That along with being wise with overage checks and we might be able to make it. I appreciate the prayers. I probably don’t bow my head and pray, but do my best to keep communications open there. God really needs an email address…lol.

What really got the fiancé in line with it is because if that job doesn’t pan out, I’d be marketable for jobs paying more than twice what I’ve been looking at now.

Abaratarrr 07/30/2010 12:28pm

lukester,
I got through to colorado workforce.

the agent didn;t sound to convincing but did say I was eligible for the next 7 weeks all retroactive.

He asked me some eligibility questions and made note on my account so it might be a good Idea to try to call. plan on it taking over 3 hours to get to get an agent.

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:32am
in reply to whywasilaidoff Jul 29, 2010 3:23pm

Thank you- as the manager you have my promise to treat the guys with the respect they deserve, it’s a tough way to make a living….if people only knew what it’s really like….whywasilaidoff, hang in there. Be ready good things are coming….I’ll keep you all in my prayers…..

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:26am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 29, 2010 4:28pm

You’ve been a great support for people here. I have prayed everyday for not just myself but for all of us who were put into these circumstances. I don’t know if you pray- or if any of you pray, but this trying time has certainly been a time to look up if you know what I mean. lordgotmilk, this could be the beginning of something wonderful- maybe the lead you need right away is going to be in that classroom- either way, you’ll have a degree backing you, that makes you more marketable. Sometimes we have to take a leap of faith. Remember you’ve got resume’s already out there- maybe one will come through as your working on your degree- and then you’ll still have that offer waiting on you when you get done with school. I’ll say an extra prayer for you- keep your heart and mind open- ask God to show you the way- it’s going to be ok.

brokechristine 07/30/2010 9:17am
in reply to adrabon Jul 29, 2010 2:30pm

I completely agree- GOD had everything to do with it. I interviewed for this job in December 2009. I did everything I could to stay out of the automotive business, then the phone rang…and the door opened. I’m back to managing a body shop. God is Good- " After Job prayed for his friends, the LORD made him prosperous again and gave him twice as much as he had before" Job 42:10

lordgotmilk 07/29/2010 4:28pm
in reply to brokechristine Jul 29, 2010 9:21am

Congratulations on the job. I’ve had an offer of sorts as well. I’m not sure what to do with it. I was offered a reeeaaaalllly good paying job….will easily get in at least 20 hours a week at an insane wage that would easily have me making more than I’ve ever made…..by a lot. The hitch? He wants me to commit to getting my degree before starting working for him. I haven’t even begun a program. He can help me get through an associate’s in about a year and bachelors in just over 2 years. The only thing I’m stewing on is that unemployment will be over way before then.

Take care and keep up the good fight.

whywasilaidoff 07/29/2010 3:23pm
in reply to adrabon Jul 29, 2010 2:30pm

Congratulations! Sounds like body work. My guy was laid off for 11 months from a body shop. Stay cool in this heat.
God Bless the USA.

adrabon 07/29/2010 2:30pm
in reply to brokechristine Jul 29, 2010 9:21am

I am very happy for you. But remember God is in control. Good luck

brokechristine 07/29/2010 9:21am

I wanted to get back with everyone and share my glimmer of hope. After all these months of worry, tears, prayers and doing without I finally landed a job! Yeah!! Better pay than what I was laid off at, with a 6month guarantee and an excellent wage after that! Well it’s back to eating Bondo and Paint for me…… Also, In Ohio I had registered by phone for the extension on 7-24-10 and had back pay in my account by 7-28-2010….. prayers and continued pressure on the powers that be for the 99’ers. For the 99’ers Rachel Maddow’s show on 7-28-10 talked about how the emails-phone calls and letters are being heard and that unions are organizing and paying for and transporting folks to nominations and midterm relection parties!!!! keep screaming!!!! your worthy, you are not bums-or lazy- your Americans who need help…God Bless

Nodlee87 07/29/2010 9:17am
in reply to dlharris1189 Jul 28, 2010 3:31pm

Your one of the lucky ones!

Nodlee87 07/29/2010 9:17am
in reply to dlharris1189 Jul 28, 2010 3:31pm

Your one of the lucky ones!

jrhill 07/29/2010 7:40am
in reply to jrhill Jul 29, 2010 7:39am

whoops.. i was looking at the wrong page..

whoops.. i was looking at the wrong page..nevermind my last comment, they are still there… “denied” :-(

jrhill 07/29/2010 7:39am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 29, 2010 2:33am

interesting.. i just logged into ODJFS to look at my claims and my claims that were marked “denied” are now missing! then i checked my bank, and no deposits yet..so maybe it’s in process?hows yours lookin?

lordgotmilk 07/29/2010 2:33am
in reply to jrhill Jul 29, 2010 1:42am

Every time I’ve called I’ve brought up that those are showing as denied and was told that it’s because their program hasn’t gone in and processed it yet. They told me if I didn’t see a change by this Friday, to call back in. I’ll keep you updated on this if anything changes, but as of now it’s still showing denied on mine as well. That works for me anyways, because while on hold, it puts me in front of the computer long enough to really dig around looking for jobs I wouldn’t find elsewhere.

jrhill 07/29/2010 1:42am
in reply to lordgotmilk Jul 27, 2010 7:16am

lordgotmilk,

I also file through ODJFS and when i checked earlier in the week, my pending filings were also shown as “denied”. I also tried to contact them to figure out if I would be receiving my retro or not, but I was not able to get through to a human on the spaghetti twist phone system they have setup and it just kept hanging up on me..

So we are ok then is what you are saying if these are listed “denied” ?

thanks bud..

jrhill

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 11:18pm

“Forty states have fewer jobs now than five years ago”
“Overall, the United States lost 4.51 million private-sector jobs from mid-2005 to mid-2010, it said. The study used U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics data from the 50 U.S. states and the District of Columbia.”

when you add to that the fact that 150,000 jobs a month need to be created just to keep up with birthrates and legal immigrantion you can see how we ended up in so much trouble. 150,000 jobs times 60 months(5 years) give us another 9 million unemployed people.

dlharris1189 07/28/2010 3:31pm

I am a 99er but I found that even through they didnt add additional tiers they will pay you the remaining balance in your claim. I had $1700.00 remaining for my claim year so now when I go on the website it says I have these funds available but they just havent been deposited yet. Before it was saying that I was paid the total amount in my claim and I had no more benefits available. Maybe this is some hope for others.

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 10:51am
in reply to Nodlee87 Jul 28, 2010 10:40am

Being that both parties have left the long term unemployed to suffer since January; I will vote for anyone from any party that proposes a tier 5. That is my only issue when it comes to my vote this year.

The politicians that propose and vote for a tier 5 will survive the politicians that continues to ignore us will be voted out of office.

Nodlee87 07/28/2010 10:40am

If so basically a select group of Republicans think the 99ers are lazy and don’t want to work. I am sure that more than 90% of the 99ers if not 100% would welcome the opportunity to keep a roof over their head, keep their kids healthy and provide them with food, but of course the select group of Republicans never had to worry about it, because their boss President Bush made sure of that and put us in the state we are in.

Nodlee87 07/28/2010 10:40am

Is there any truth to this?

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
PRLog (Press Release) – Jul 23, 2010 – Leading Republican strategist are working behind the scenes to brew up one of the most brilliant strategies ever devised to pull the rug out from under the Democratic party at the polls this November.

Monday, July 26, 2010 will be 99 days until the November election. New thinking suggests that select Republican members of the Senate will consider writing temporary legislation to help the group known as the 99ers. These are the lazy Americans who have wasted 99 weeks of government funded unemployment benefits and are seeking more free money from Uncle Sam. The fiscally responsible GOP has dismissed this notion as too costly and too heavy of a burden to place upon the deficit.

Nodlee87 07/28/2010 10:08am
in reply to Star58 Jul 28, 2010 4:38am

Take the money 99ers??? What money? There is not going to be a Tier 5 extension so that means there is no money for the 99ers.

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 8:57am
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 28, 2010 8:47am

Snowe and collins have always been our friends even though they are republicans, Tom Coburn has proposed adding a fifth tiir and several ways to pay for it. Other then Coburn, Sherrod Brown is the only senator that has offered to help us, we will need all of their help to get a tier 5 yet you say we should blindly vote out people that try to help us and we should should blindly vote for people that are hurting us such as Nelson and Baucas?

this is not a party issue we need to offer to stand behind anyone that offers to help us and we need to publicly say that we will vote out anyone that does not help us regardless of cult affiliation.

Please don’t get sucked into the games the political parties play.

Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 8:47am
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 28, 2010 8:45am
  • Baucus publicly stated that 99 weeks is enough
Abaratarrr 07/28/2010 8:45am
in reply to Star58 Jul 28, 2010 4:38am

we do not need to get into an argument over whether we prefer Budweiser or Bud Light (doesn’t matter which one you choose the company still gets your money), I would hope our focus here would be to have benefits extended and to do what ever it takes regardless of our personal cult affiliation to get a tier 5.

There will never be a 5th tier or weeks beyond 99 as long as the democrats continue to believe that if they do nothing the republicans will take the blame.

They have yet to even propose a tier 5. Baucus publicly stated that 99 weeks Pelosi said that they will not pursue another tier of benefits, Nelson voted against the last extension.

We need a tier 5 saying that you will blindly do as your cult says regardless of whether or not they help or hurt you, hurts our cause. Vote for who ever you want but in the mean time at least try to pretend to be paying attention to which individuals are helping and hurting our cause

adrabon 07/28/2010 7:57am
in reply to sniperxess Jul 28, 2010 6:25am

I really hope things work out for you. I will keep you and all others in my prayers

sniperxess 07/28/2010 6:25am
in reply to adrabon Jul 28, 2010 5:25am

Yeah i hear ya!….happy for ya too

NC dont say a darn thing on its website about when or who. They are so slack!!!!! and it makes me mad!

I dont think i get any retro pay…which is fine….that just means my tier weeks start with my first payment so it will go longer.

Im hoping.

adrabon 07/28/2010 5:25am
in reply to sniperxess Jul 27, 2010 12:36pm

got paid yesterday in south carolina $2022

Star58 07/28/2010 4:38am
in reply to Abaratarrr Jul 26, 2010 11:27am

I sent the article to MSNBC. Please don’t fall for the rhetoric. Take the money 99ers and vote Democrat or Independent. But not Republican. Don’t be used.

Star58 07/28/2010 4:27am

YAY!!! I went to the website in Missouri and it shows that they have started processing checks. I can finally sleep. I pray that the 99ers get an extension too. People who are starting Tier 5 will need it later.

Abaratarrr 07/27/2010 2:21pm
in reply to lukester Jul 27, 2010 12:49pm

i did not notice that part, crap i already had that money spent