H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

chrissy3384 06/24/2010 6:05am
in reply to loganstorm Jun 23, 2010 6:49pm

Hey I’m on the EB and my unemployment office told me that if and when they approve the extension that we all who is still on unemployment will be getting the extensions.

whatsgoingon 06/24/2010 6:03am

All politicians are liars. It doesn’t matter if they are dems or GOP they lie. They say one thing and do another. They don’t care about us little people. It doesn’t matter if your rep or dem you’ll get screw one way or another from these guys. I wonder what would happen if everyone boycotted voting. They might just put anyone in office but would it matter? They lie to get into office and do opposite of their promises. If we all boycott voting maybe they would realize no one in our country supports any of them and their lies and they better do something to get voters again. It’s just a though and I know people will still vote regardless but I know my whole family will refuse to vote anymore so that’s a chunk of votes these liars will not get anymore. If anyone agrees with me spread the thought around and boycott voting. Let’s make a stand.

MTeinert 06/24/2010 5:19am
I wonder what kind of smoke the republican party is going to blow up our ass today?
enrico17 06/24/2010 2:55am

I hate to say this again, but with each passing day and reading the reports, this bill is dead. The Reps will not give in, and now even Lieberman has changed from if I am the 60 I will vote yes to no comment, and Snow and Collins are very iffy. It is all up to Reid, he has to turn over the unused stimulus and he won’t. My conclusion is that the reason the Dem’s keep this going so that they look like the party that wants to help and it will look good for the Nov. elections. No matter what you write or how much you plead and tell them your stories it does not matter to them. I am finished writing or following the stories, but not the fight, I will see then in Nov.

loganstorm 06/24/2010 2:45am
in reply to wes00 Jun 24, 2010 12:45am

They keep saying the reason they don’t pass this is because the don’t want to increase the debt our children have to pay. I have two kids… if this doesn’t pass, they won’t have to worry about how to pay it back, instead, they’ll have to find a way to move out of the shelters NOT passing this has put them in.

enrico17 06/24/2010 2:09am
in reply to loganstorm Jun 23, 2010 6:49pm

I am not 100% sure but it should cover you, and allow you to move to Tier I, as this bill moves the cut off date to apply for the tiers from June 1 until the end of Nov. example if your 26 weeks ended on June 2 you would have been able to move to tier 1, but being that they did not extend the benefits it ended June 2, but if they reinstate the extensions that June 2 expiration date is moved to Nov. Hope this helps and that I am correct in what I wrote. Good luck

wes00 06/24/2010 12:45am
Unemployment Insurance has been the only thing keeping me afloat throughout these difficult times, and as I sit hear and read, I see that I am not alone. The reality is that it is doubtful that this bill will pass in its entirety this week..because they are too busy worrying about how to pay for the bill instead of worrying about the lively-hoods of hundreds of thousands of unemployed Americans. However, I believe that the only way the Unemployment Insurance extension will pass..is if it is brought before the senate as a “stand-alone measure”. I also believe that this was brought up by a Republican Senator after last weeks vote and it was declined. I just want to urged the senate to put all personal agendas aside and actually think of the thousands of people that need HELP!. People are losing their homes, cars, and sanity. It really hurts me to see that a country as great as this one, that prides itself on democracy and being the voice of the people, is failing miserably at both.
MTeinert 06/23/2010 11:45pm
in reply to MTeinert Jun 23, 2010 11:33pm

Never mind veto means to deny a bill.

MTeinert 06/23/2010 11:33pm
This country needs some republicans to step up and do what is fair for the citizens of this country and vote to pass this bill. They’re supposed to be leaders but are following the commands of their political party for reasons that don’t add up for most Americans. This republican party is sticking together on this bill like a religious cult! Someone needs to step up, be an individual, and vote yes. I’m sure after doing so it will almost guaranty a re-election from the hundreds of thousands of people following this bill. I used to be a republican until George Bush JR. took office. He totally jacked this country over and everybody knows it and should admit to this. Republicans have no sense of anything but their own interest not of the people, no matter how ridiculous the argument. I’m ashamed to have once supported the republican party after watching the senators make such a weak argument and still have so many followers. Talk about the deaf following the blind. Can Obama vito this?
NeedJobs 06/23/2010 8:16pm

Spending should not be an excuse when it comes to human life. I mean, “American” human life. Our Government expresses sincere concern when other Countries are in need of help especially due to poverty, etc. Where do they think the long term unemployed is headed? I heard that some employers do not consider the unemployed for employment. I lost my job because the Company i worked for outsourced and closed the Acctg/Finance Departments which were based in the US. We need jobs in America and we need to put a stop to outsourcing the American jobs. A Company can save tons of $$$’s in labor cost by outsourcing work to other Countries. Hey, bigger profits, no restrictions, why not? Pls extend the unemployment and consider the real facts as to why so many Americans are unemployed. The answer to the umemployed is not drug testing, cutting benefits, etc. It is to create jobs and regulate the hiring practices of these Companies.

loganstorm 06/23/2010 6:49pm

Ok, now I’m really confused, Help please! I thought this bill covered me… now I was just told I’m screwed… My confusion is… if this passes, does it also cover those of us who just ended the original 26 weeks of unemployment… or only those already in the extensions??

machi 06/23/2010 6:18pm

CONGRESS PASS THIS BILL. WE NEED HELP!!!!!!

loganstorm 06/23/2010 6:02pm

FYI- Lots of great articles posted on the opencongress facebook page

lordgotmilk 06/23/2010 5:45pm

This sickens me. I’ve worked since I was 16, paid taxes as a single person. My fiancĂ© and I have been together for 9 years and I’ve continued to pay taxes as a single person with no dependants despite the fact that I have fully supported her and her 6 children. I’ve been laid off for less than a year, just finished Tier 1 extended benefits. I have struggled through continuous applications and handed out resumes everywhere while also taking courses to receive certifications to better place myself in my field. A local program set me up to start my own web development business, but just as I’m trying to get out and get clients, Tier 1 runs out and I can’t file due to our elected officials. I don’t expect to need this much longer, but I do need to be able to get out to drum up business. Our landlords have been patient through all this and we’ve been paying them weekly out of unemployment. Just told them we can’t pay this week and here comes evict…yay! Pass This!!

enrico17 06/23/2010 3:47pm

FYI, In Nov we have to watch the incumbents, Lee, Angle and Paul are bad news.

enrico17 06/23/2010 3:40pm

To Jess01869
I signed the petition on June 17, in fact sent it to friends and family. But I seem to remember something (not exactly sure what the issue was) when the obamacare was up for vote that to get the vote Obama said if that happended he would envoke executive privilege and then it was stated that EP cannot be used in certain areas of the government. Wish I could rememeber exactly what it was but I can’t.

Jess01869 06/23/2010 2:51pm

I’ve also read that senators are making the claim (lying) that such a petition won’t do any good to basically discourage anyone from signing it and prevent the bill from passing. No harm in signing it if you stand for it…what is there to lose? So many conflicting articles surrounding this…who knows what to believe?!!

Jess01869 06/23/2010 2:31pm

I believe you are 100% right Enrico17….non the less here is the petition that is circulating; probably could’ve have been more constructive and less insulting with more valid points to get more attention:

enrico17 06/23/2010 2:21pm

FYI: Just as I thought, saw this excerpt in an article today.

But an Executive Order can’t be used to accomplish that either, according to Rep. Jim McDermott’s, (D-Wash.) office. Congress must be the body that extends unemployment benefits, and it first has to first fix the benefit extension for those whose benefits are expiring after only 26 weeks.

tmo520 06/23/2010 2:13pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 23, 2010 1:37pm

what petition? where can we sign it? 500 votes doesn’t seem like a lot…..

tmo520 06/23/2010 2:11pm
in reply to Jess01869 Jun 23, 2010 10:57am

you’re right – i emailed Cali’s senators – i’ve already emailed the president (back in march) and got a reply a couple of days ago. a bunch of canned BS. this is unbelievable – pass the bill……………..

enrico17 06/23/2010 1:53pm

Read this Scott Brown is going to block the bill.

Jess01869 06/23/2010 1:37pm

I read the petition some 34,500 people have signed thus far and although I don’t agree with the contents of bashing the president and don’t think Obama is solely at fault as much as previous leaders for this entire catastrophe…I encourage people to sign it that do agree with it…something like 500 more votes needed for Obama to bypass congress…supposedly.

n30hansen 06/23/2010 12:55pm
in reply to patsy1950 Jun 23, 2010 11:43am

I am runnung out of hope too. All I have been doing for the last year is apply, apply, apply and very rarely do I ever receive a call back. They run credit checks etc. well, if I hadn’t been laid off my credit wouldn’t be down the tube and maybe I would pass the credit check. I am just soooo frustrated! I try to stay positive but it is getting harder and harder to do. Facing foreclosure, not moving to the next tier of unemployment benefits and not getting anywhere in my ongoing daily job search just makes me want to scream! THEY BETTER PASS THIS!!!

njcoolchik 06/23/2010 12:48pm

Or better yet, I would like to submit my resume and application for the Senate Pee Collector Position.

I have extensive experience in dealing with Senate Crap for over three years.

References provided upon request.

njcoolchik 06/23/2010 12:44pm

Drug testing – are you kidding me? Mr. Esteemed Elected Politician, don’t you know that most companies already DRUG TEST as a condition of employment? We are looking for JOBS that we have the documentation to prove our search in an recession where unemployment is at its highest. We are not out getting high looking for free money. Living on unemployment as opposed to having a job is not what we want to settle for personally and for our families. We need JOBS.

I am 39 years old and part of the older working middle class that had her credit destroyed, 401K evaporated just trying to survive. Pass the bill already and help us by providing the funds that you already promised by creating the Tiers and EB Benefits in the first place.

Otherwise if I need to go pee in a cup, I will use the Senate bathrooms and be sure to leave it on Joe Biden’s desk!

enrico17 06/23/2010 12:39pm

This has to pass by tomorow, because I don’t think the royal court has sessions on Friday. We have to remember all of those who voted no, both Reps and Dems and on Election day in Nov. make sure you have a sign by the polling places that says remember what they did the unemployed.

enrico17 06/23/2010 12:27pm

Can you belive this article, John Boehner should be ashamed of himself. Want money ask him to share some of his compaign momey with you. Does he seriously think after the Reps blocked this bill every way they could that 15million people will vote Rep i Nove. I am independent who previously voted Rep. NOT ANY MORE.
Sensing victory in November, and eager to cut into the Democrats’ cash edge, House Minority Leader John Boehner (R-Ohio) has pledged to give $1 million to the National Republican Congressional Committee in the next month.
Boehner was joined by a number of other Republicans on Wednesday morning in pledging huge transfers of money to the NRCC, the committee charged with helping Republicans take back the House.
Rep. Jeb Hensarling (R-Texas) delivered a $250,000 check to the committee, while Rep. Ed Royce (R-Calif.) kicked in another $100,000.
READ THE COMPLETE ARTICLE IN POLITICO.COM

littleindian 06/23/2010 12:18pm
in reply to loganstorm Jun 23, 2010 12:03pm

my strings are worn and short!

littleindian 06/23/2010 12:17pm