H.R.4213 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010

• Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Short: Tax Extenders Act of 2009 as passed house.
  • Popular: American Jobs and Closing Tax Loopholes Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Com- pensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

Lynette1015 03/22/2010 10:47am

Are they going to fund tier 4? I called the state of Colorado and she said they were waiting to get word on the funding for other tiers, is she right? If anyone knows please inform me.

APascarella1 03/22/2010 9:10am

so what is the deal right now? im reading the bill and it says it passed the house and the senate. is the president going to sign it or not? my first 26 weeks run out this week and i dont qualify for tier 1 because i will be filing for tier 1 too late. is the president going to sign or not? so confused. shouldn’t he have signed it by now?

jmax929 03/22/2010 6:48am

I am reading comments,I have exhausted tier 3,so I guess there is no hope for me. I have been unemployed since March 2008.

Lynette1015 03/22/2010 5:59am

Well isn’t this just great!!! We will all have health care and no jobs for it to take effect in… I just love my goverment don’t you? I don’t need health care I need Food, shelter and clothing and being unemployed and no more funds to help just makes my day……..I’ll even bet that all those great people that stayed late on a SUNDAY to vote all got overtime!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wake up Washington,, we need money more than health care. I really believe that if everyone who is unemployed were working with good pay would really look at the HEALTH CARE issue different, I’ll feed my family before I go to the Doctor………..

lrc 03/20/2010 12:31pm

I agree, it is hard to find a job. I was just laid off in Oct. 2009, after 15 years at the same company. I will exhaust my state 26 wks 5 days after the cut off date. Under the current rules, I will not be eligible for ANY extensions. I have applied everywhere including “flipping burgers”. Not one call for an interview. Another issue is when you are on UI, you have to be making 3 contacts per week, for your work search log. This leaves you in a situation where you may be applying for things you are not necessarily qualified for. No wonder we never get any calls back, employers probably just throw out 90% of the resumes. Let’s hope this bill goes through, the after effects will be bad if it is not. More foreclosures, default loans. This mess is not nearly over and we need help.

richc 03/19/2010 12:16pm

I am soooo tired of reading these comments from the people that we must be lazy or go flip burgers,,,etc. I am long term unemployed and about to run out,,,and there are NO JOBS. And these tier 1 @ 2 people just got their safty net till the end of the year and now they want to start back biting the rest of us. If your not going to post positive comments OR information to help the rest of us,,,please keep it to yourself.

mrscowhall 03/19/2010 10:59am

Well again we go through the same routine and we all know that this is just the prelimanary reports. This bill does noting for the long termed unemployed and we are still in a recession. The jobs are scarce if any and we are expected to find employment when companies are still laying off workers due to not being able to afford to keep them on. There is definantly something wrong with people who dont believe that we are in a recession and think there are jobs out there for the picking. Wake up!!!. I am a 43 yr old woman who has a degree in business and I have been unemployed since 04/30/08. I send out 15-20 resumes per week and no one has responded. So, you tell me, is it my fault that the company I previously worked for, laid me off, went out of business or maybe its my fault that comapnies are not hiring. If I had the power to make those kinds of changes dont you think I would at least create a comapny for myself, hire myself and other unemployed workers. Get real!!!!

mrscowhall 03/19/2010 10:45am
in reply to lefisca Mar 18, 2010 7:25am

If there were jobs flipping burgers we would. Your knowledge of this issue seems to be impaired. THERE IS NO JOBS… What planet do you live on, or maybe the recession has caused you to lose touch with reality. We are in tough economic times and for every one job available there are at least 7 people applying for it. Get a clue!!!

dartcanyon 03/19/2010 9:09am
in reply to lefisca Mar 18, 2010 7:25am

This will help those who still have Tiers left but it does nothing for those of us who have run out of Tier 4. Bill 4851 is the same. Unless a bill is introduced that specifically adds Tiers for the remainder of the year then the rest of us are doomed. There isn’t even any talk about another Tier. Washington is too damn busy BSing people about the healthcare bill that will do nothing to ensure good/better care for Seniors and on debating and spending money on a bill called Potty Parity which gives an equal amount of bathrooms for everybody who works in Federal buildings throughout the US. I have never heard anything so ridiculous in my life and they have the nerve to say unemployment is down and the economy is better. They must really think we are a bunch of dumb nitwits.

MTeinert 03/18/2010 7:32am
+ 16
in reply to opuspenquin Mar 12, 2010 2:44pm
I don’t appreciate you calling me a deadbeat because i got laid off from my job of ten years making more money than you and your mother combined because of the real deadbeats who take loans that they don’t pay back. Now i have to settle for this unemployment check. You’re a deadbeat that has no idea what is going on so i suggest you keep your prissy mouth shut.
lefisca 03/18/2010 7:25am

This bill is supposed to allow the people who are only on Tier I through III the courtesy of remaining on unemployment as long as those who are on Tier IV. It isnt really fair to give most people 99 weeks of benefits, but then cut others off after a few months. They probably aren’t adding a Tier V because they assume that people can find a job after 2 years. Go flip burgers.

NYER566 03/17/2010 6:40am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UEDDTxRrtK4….. You Tube Tier V to survive! Put this on any website you can, twitter, facebook or any site people look at, its gotta go viral!

NYER566 03/17/2010 6:38am

This bill allows everyone to move on to tier IV. Nothing past tier IV :(

jellybeanmachine 03/16/2010 7:25pm

What is meant by extend the filing deadline? I am in Tier 2. My benefits ends in April. If this bill passes, will I be able to file for Tier 3 — which I am not eligible for now because I was laid off five days after guideline requirements.

tybeedac 03/16/2010 12:34pm

I know that many people are unemployed and have been for a very long time. I am in Tier 1 and I will not recieve any benefits when my 1st tier expires in May 2010. I do believe that I can find a job, but without any income it will become impossible. Unfortunately, my husband can’t help because he is a self-employed contractor, that has been not had much work for the last 2 years. I don’t want to rely on the government to feed me and my family, but right now we don’t have a choice. Our congressman (mine – Jack Kingston) really need to step up and help middle class Americans get back on our feet. I am currently working on re-training and updating my work skills, but I need more time.

kim2009 03/15/2010 7:39am

This article is a must read for those who want a Tier 5 extension.

kim2009 03/15/2010 4:55am

(post 3 of 3)

All anyone has to do is to go to each site and set up an account and post their release.

Make sure to include “key” words in the body of the release (i.e., Senator Reid, Obama, unemployment benefits, Pelosi, hardships, crime, etc.) – this will ensure more visibility and to be picked up by the media.

You can also go online to see samples of press releases.

This site has some very intelligent and articulate people – so I know that creating a solid press release will not be a problem.

Share this information on every UI board and all the Facebook contacts – and tell all to post a release each week until a tier 5 is created.

I received a message about this board from a reporter, who in turn forwarded it to me – so your media outreach is working.

Get luck to all of you!

Spam Comment

kim2009 03/15/2010 4:54am

From http://progressillinois.com/quick-hits/content/2010/03/12/number-day-16 MediaMaven:
(post 1 of 3)

I recently received a message regarding this board.

I am from a DC PR agency, and while I cannot professionally endorse what you are trying to accomplish (conflict of interest purposes), I can provide you some information to help your cause.

I have read some of the great post regarding amending HR4213. I would like to advise another vehicle to get your message out there – a press release. All a press release needs is a:

Headline (center space)
Summary (goes directly under heading – center space)

(double space)

Body

Contact Info:

richc 03/13/2010 9:59am
in reply to opuspenquin Mar 12, 2010 2:44pm

opus,,this isnt the site to be opposing anything,,,this is for unemployed people by no fault of their own to get and receive information to help their families. What your too ignorant to understand is that most of these people want to go to work and have been looking for a job like myself, for sometime now and if they cut-off funding they will be forced to get welfare, which has been around for many many years. So before you start adding comments how about doing some research first cause it makes you look pretty stupid!

Filtered Comment [ show ]

dartcanyon 03/12/2010 10:57am
in reply to NorCalGurl Mar 12, 2010 7:13am

This website would not come up. It throws an error message.

dartcanyon 03/12/2010 10:53am
in reply to NorCalGurl Mar 12, 2010 7:13am
I don’t see any of the crooks in Washington being denied paychecks, benefits or anything else even when they get caught and that seems to be a pretty regulat thing with the fat daddies. They are playing with out lives, giving money to foreign countries, foreigners in this country and approving piddly bills that are really stupid and unnecessary. Take the money from NASA and take care of Real Americans out of work. We don’t need to be in space and have no business there. Keep that money and the exorbitant paychecks to play in space right here on terra firma and we’ll all benefit.
dartcanyon 03/12/2010 10:53am
+ 10
in reply to NorCalGurl Mar 12, 2010 7:13am

CNN/HLN just had a piece on about people who are cheating on unemployment and that Sen. Byh, I think, opposes the passage of what the Senate just approved. There are cheaters in every system including the very people who run this country from Washington. Until each and every one of them is honest, straightforward and does NOTHING wrong then I don’t want to hear a damn word about anyone else. The vast majority of the unemployed are honest people who look for work regularly and can prove that.

NorCalGurl 03/12/2010 7:13am

New website and forum for the long-termers who are ending Tier 4…

NorCalGurl 03/11/2010 7:23am
in reply to ericlemberg Mar 11, 2010 6:54am

Nope, just extends the deadlines.

Bringing over this article regarding how the press is getting info regarding the recent extension bill wrong…

But what really caught my eye was this part…

UPDATE (10:30 a.m. CT): There have been a number of questions about why the various politicians continue to refer to the provisions in the jobs bill as an “unemployment extension.” I think there are several key reasons. Unlike the Senate bill, the House version of the bill apparently includes additional weeks of benefits for those who have exhausted the current coverage. It’s not clear to anyone I’ve spoken to how that will be resolved with the Senate version.

ericlemberg 03/11/2010 6:54am
in reply to sassysally50 Mar 11, 2010 6:24am

I was under the impression that this bill extends benefits to those who will soon exhaust tier 4 benefits to the end of 2010.

sassysally50 03/11/2010 6:24am

Where the help for the Long-term Unemployed who have exhausted Tier 3 already and Tier 4 by the end of March .. This Bill only extends the deadline ..

RetiredPublicSafetydotCom 12/16/2009 6:36am

I saw this and was wondering why is Rep. Rangel introducing a tax relief bill? I looked over the first part of it and it made sense. Then I found the part about increasing the estimated taxes on “certain corporations” from 100.25% to 126.75%!

This bill punishes achievement, just like the IRS Early Retirement Penalty, which Rep. Rangel also supports. It will help to drive “certain corporations” from our country to someplace where they can do business without being punished by the IRS.

It’s not amazing this can be introduced and passed in two (2) days with zero co-sponsors since everyone is focused on unconstitutional government health care. Meanwhile, the FairTax bill (HR 25), which has numerous co-sponsors and would give all corporations incentive to do business in the USA and simplify our taxes as citizens, sits idle.