H.R.4851 - Continuing Extension Act of 2010

To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. view all titles (5)

• Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.
  • Official: To provide a temporary extension of certain programs, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed house.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as passed senate.
  • Short: Continuing Extension Act of 2010 as enacted.

sbrawsm 04/20/2010 12:16pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 19, 2010 9:05am

THIS UNEMPLOYMENT BILL CONTAINS THE DOC FIX FROM THE HC BILL!!!!
LET IT BE KNOWN. SHOUT FROM TE RAFTERS! WE WERE LIED TO!

It is not just for me, it is for all of you who OBVIOUSLY have worked your whole adult life.

Don’t just sit there and accept this, write your representative…now!

AnnetteNuck1 03/25/2010 4:39am

Thank you Mr. President. I really appreciate the fact that 12 days after you were elected I got laid off. Thank you for placing a Health Care Bill before extension of my unemployment. My children will be estatic when our lights are turned off. After having the same job and providing my own Health Care for my family for eight years I really appreciate the fact that due to others failings I find myself on food stamps and have 800 in unemployment to look forward to. Thank you for deciding for me that Health Care is so much more important than housing my children. Thank you republicans for not giving up. I don’t need to be controlled by the Dumbocrats. What I need is to get back to work. I did not vote for you Mr. President because I was afraid of your lack of experience. I can see that I was right. You want to send more money to Haiti. I understand that there are over 400,000 homeless there. Do you sir understand that that number will double here without the extension?

USCITIZEN10 03/24/2010 2:11pm
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 22, 2010 7:28am

YES, BUT IN THE MEANTIME,WHERE ARE WE GOING TO GET MONEY TO PAY OUR MORTGAGES, RENT,BUY FOOD,UTILITIES,CARS, AUTO INSURANCE,ETC,ETC AMONG OF OTHERS THINGS?
THEY SAY THAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE MONEY OR WORK TO BUY HEALTH INSURANCE,YOU HAVE TO APPLY TO MEDICAID…..JA,JA,JA, THEY DON’T EVEN WANTS TO GIVE US A MEDICAL BECAUSE YOU ARE A SINGLE PERSON WITH NO KIDS, OR YOU WERE MARRIED BEFORE BUT NOW YOU ARE DIVORCE SO YOU DON’T QUALIFY FOR THAT.IS THE CONGRESS THINKING HOW TO PROTECT AMERICANS? OR HOW TO F…..THEM ALL?

USCITIZEN10 03/19/2010 8:18am

HOPE THIS BILL HELP ALL THE PEOPLE WICH 4TH EXTENSIONS WILL END ON 4/1/10 AND CAN KEEP DOING THEIR LIVES NORMALLY UNTIL THEY GET A JOB.

dartcanyon 03/20/2010 11:10am

There is a “DEEM and Pass” procedure in the Senate/House that alloows a bill to be passed without an up/down vote. Why don’t they use this to add Tiers to unemployment benefits. Neither 4851 nor 4213 will add Tiers so after Tier 4 we are done….down and out for the count.

MrsDee 04/17/2010 11:00am
in reply to AnnetteNuck1 Mar 25, 2010 4:39am

AnnetteNuck1 – you need to do a little reseach and see it was the republicans, namely that idiot from Oklahoma holding this up and last time it was held up was by a republican also. you got laid off because that’s life not because a president you obviously do not support was put into office.

USCITIZEN10 03/26/2010 11:43am
in reply to dartcanyon Mar 25, 2010 7:47am

I’M 100% WITH YOU. WE ARE RUNNING OUT OF TIME AND THE CONGRESS STILL DON’T SAY NOTHING ABOUT IT. THE GOOD EXAMPLE STARTS AT HOME, NOT THAT WE DON’T WANT TO HELP OTHERS IN NEED,BUT OBAMA SHOULD START FIRST WITH THE AMERICANS THAT WE ARE SUFFERING FROM THE LACK OF JOBS IN AMERICA.IF WE DON’T GET THE 5TH TIER,IMAGINE HOW MANY PEOPLE WILL START GETTING PROBLEMS WITH PAYING OF THEIR RENT, OR MORTGAGES,PAYING THEIR CARS, INSURANCE, BUY FOOD,MEDICINE,ETC,ETC…..THENTHE ECONOMIC CRISIS WILL ENCREASE,SO IS TIME THAT THE GOVERMENT TAKE ACTION.

nmeagent 04/05/2010 6:19am
in reply to dartcanyon Apr 04, 2010 1:26pm

What gives you the right to demand that government officials steal resources from other families to feed yours? What gives you the right to seize more of our meager resources and send us ever closer to that same local food kitchen? You decry the ‘insensitive’ and ‘immoral’ people of this country while trying to continue sucking the very marrow from their bones. Shame on all of you indeed.