S.1699 - Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009

A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)

• Short: Unemployment Compensation Extension Act of 2009 as introduced.
  • Official: A bill to amend the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for the temporary availability of certain additional emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/25/2009 10:05am

I tend to agree with Wednesday, Thursday or Friday of next week if it isn’t passed today. It goes into effect once the President signs it and if they pass it Monday or Tuesday it would cause too many problems for the unemployment offices to have to give everyone a half week of benefits. And it wouldn’t look good for Obama to delay signing it until the end of the week.

NoGoodOnesLeft 09/25/2009 10:10am

And if they pass it the end of next week, people won’t get their last checks until the week of Jan 3 to 9.

• ohionoeb 09/25/2009 9:59am

RE: your daughter being sick

That would be “BrokeinOhio”..that has a sick child ..

jones8288 09/25/2009 10:02am

She just said ohio not ohionoeb. Why must you lash out at people for trying to help one another. Unless you have a sick child also then I am sorry!!

rmiranda77 09/25/2009 10:11am

Thanks jones, but it was my error. OhioNOEB, I apologize to you and BrokeinOhio for my blunder. I just see OhioNOEB posts so much on these threads, that when I saw the word Ohio under 3548 I didn’t look any further. The point I was trying to make, which jones, it looks like were on the same page here, is this…Instead of spending all day, everyday on this site(Although great source of info), use your energy to better yourself in any way possible. Do you know how difficult it is to go fill out applications with a 2 year old :) I can’t tell you how many times I’ve marked M instead of F! LOL! We just need to focus our energy on the right path. I’m a struggling single mom, who was an employment recruiter. As you can imagine, there isn’t much out there in my line of work. So I understand peoples frustraitions. It’s just gotten to the point where it’s becoming manic for some people, and that can effect others trying to help themselves and their families.

• canalguyopen 09/25/2009 10:09am

Sen. Whitehouse’ office just confirmed to me that it will not be discussed today, they are not in session Monday, and is not scheduled to be discussed on Tuesday. This she was absolutely sure about, her best advice was to hope for Weds.

jones8288 09/25/2009 10:11am

Like I just posted, getting calls that say mid week to end of week. Other’s if you get calls of the same nature please post. Please make sure of your comments so as not to insight the flamer’s here.

Thanks!!

• jones8288 09/25/2009 10:09am

Like I said a few pages back. I came to this thread to get away from all this negativity. Go back to 3548 and complain to that thread. The rest of us here are trying to get some action in the Senate with positive post’s. Saturday try the other side of the bed to get up on!!

• Spam Comment

jones8288 09/25/2009 10:19am

Thank you istricker. We can’t do much on this thread it seems till next week about the bills. But we can get the word out to help another here. Post any link you get that will help others. Also for copy right infringment if you quote something here to protect OC just give credit to the author of the article that usaully will suffice any legal issues. But please all keep positive and stay patient till at least Wednesday we will get thru these bills and have a check soon.

JMatzelle57 09/25/2009 10:14am

lets keep bailing out the banks forget the people!!!

I swear i think everyone should take there mony out if the banks so they let the drown

im sick of it

jones8288 09/25/2009 10:22am

Please go to the meeting were baucus shuts down Karen Campbell you may take another look at what you just said. To para phrase 15 mill unemployed and 3 mill openings can you do the math. And luckily it did not run out weeks ago.

GonzoFL 09/25/2009 11:15am

It’s the same story every week JM…they just change the wording from “fell unexpectedly” to" rose unexpectedly" and just fill in the blanks were the numbers are posted. I see this same story on MSNBC every damn week…..they use it like one would use a form letter.

jones8288 09/25/2009 10:26am

With answers such as that you must be a smart millionaire. So if you have all the answers why are you here making negative comments that are not helping anyone. I’ll call an order a pizza if you will deliver it!!

Send Your Senator a Letter