S.3520 - Unemployment Insurance Extension Act of 2010

A bill to provide for an extension of unemployment insurance. view all titles (3)

• Official: A bill to provide for an extension of unemployment insurance. as introduced.
  • Popular: Unemployment Insurance Extension Act of 201 as introduced.
  • Short: Unemployment Insurance Extension Act of 2010 as introduced.

• jereme28 06/29/2010 1:16pm

You have been watching the votes right? One man cannot stop a 2/3 vote, derp da derrr

Abaratarrr 06/29/2010 1:25pm

but 24 democrats can,
    30 republicans voted yes in the house today for the standalone extension, there were 24 democrats that did not vote yes, only 16 more votes were needed, If Pelosi will call for a vote under normal procedures this bill will pass and be to the senate Thursday or Friday but you know there is no chance in haities that Reid will ever allow this bill to get to the floor of the senate, he has already said he will not.

Reid has blocked stand alone unemployment bills on several occasions.

carolyn858 06/30/2010 7:18am

First of all, the word you are looking for is “hades”, not haities. Hades is a biblical word for hell from the bible.

Second, the reason the republicans do not want the dems original bill passed is that the original bill, H.R.421, calls for a tax to be levied on the extravagant bonuses that were paid to the highest rank in the companies bailed out last year. AIG, Fanny Mae, etc. The republicans want to protect the big corporation donors. The figure is the democrats cave and pass this stand alone bill, the rich guys will get away with stealing the country blind. Another reason to vote out republicans this year.

carolyn858 06/30/2010 7:20am

sorry, one of my keys is not working properly. the bill is H.R.4213.

Abaratarrr 06/30/2010 7:32am

I think the big reason the republicans voted down 4213 was the provision in the bill that cut social security benefits to retirees. The republicans are dependent on the retirees to stay in office, if they had voted for a bill that cut social security benefits there would never be another republican elected again. There are actually more people drawing from social security benefits then there are people unemployed.

But why did reid block a vote on a stand alone extension immediately after the vote on 4213. It was guaranteed to pass both democrats and republicans agree that an extension is needed. We do not have a democrat problem and we do not have a republican problem we have a harry reid problem

michaeldf 06/30/2010 5:37pm

After today its dead,
    I not sure who to be mad at, they all seem to have agenda that does not include the unemployed. I sure would like to know who honestly supports the unemployed and is not just using them as a pawn to push thru other legislation or to save their ass come november. I would have a real tough time singing the national athem at this point, Happy 4th to all of you, my heart goes out to all of the unemployed and their families, good luck and god bless.

I will be out of the office until the 12th July

• jereme28 06/29/2010 1:26pm

Y’all do realize that this is an identical bill to what failed in the house just earlier today, right? There is not going to be a way to pay for it, never will be. We are 13 trillion dollars in debt, a completely failed nation. A failed nation that will always be loaned money for war, because war makes money for its investors, the unemployed do not. The deficit is not the issue. Y’all need a history lesson.

Abaratarrr 06/29/2010 1:36pm

I am going to tell you a secret but don’t tell Saudi Arabia or the Chinese. America is part of the biggest scam in world history, you see the US dollars you speak of are not real, they have absolutely no value they are worth less money then the paper they are printed on we creat them out of thin air.

We have fooled the world into giving us durable goods for paper and blips on a computer screen. We are trading paper for oil, cars and steal.

We grow lots of trees in the US we are proccessing those trees into paper dying it green then trading the green paper for oil, food and other durable goods, it is ingenious.

That 13 trillion is not real but if we need it we can just chop down some more trees and print it up, trees are a renewable recourse, hell we could probably import the paper from over seas paint it green then send it back to them to pay for the paper, lets just hope the Chinese don’t figure it out or the gig is over.

jrhill 06/29/2010 2:22pm

lol.. dude, that’s just ridiculous

lol.. dude, that’s just ridiculousI know this may be a joke to you, but people are suffering for REALoffer some good advice and keep peoples spirits UP… NOT DOWN!!:-)everyone likes a good pot-stir once and a while.. but this is not the time or the place for it.many people are out of work and have had their benefits shut off (me included) We all need to stand together and we WILL make it through this…Take care…

• jereme28 06/29/2010 1:51pm

That is a ridiculous theory, and furthermore only shows how ignorant you are. Do you not know that the Federal Reserve is a private bank and it has absolutely nothing to do with the American people, other than it has had it’s dick in our ass ever since “Honest Abe” got his head blown off. Andrew Jackson made it his life purpose to defend our nation from this beast, and even paid off the national debt with his own dough to establish our national financial independence. This is the same bank that rules over the entire global economy, which bases the value of various types of currency on the petro-dollar. This bank was founded by the Rothschilds before America even existed, and it continues to rule today. I could go on forever educating you on this shit, but I gotta go hustle up some rent money.

Abaratarrr 06/29/2010 4:07pm

Jereme28
    please answer these three questions:

Who is contractually obligated to pay back every dollar created by the FED ,from thin air, back to the fed at interest with FED created dollars?

If you take US dollars to the FED and say that you would like to cash them in for the object of value that the dollars represents what will they give you?(putting cash into the vending machines in the break room does not count)

If the US government were to fail what would you be able to buy with US Dollars? (example if the US got into a war and Venezuela kicked the US’s butt took over the country make us Venezuelan subjects and made us start using Venezuelan currency, would Saudi Arabia still trade oil for the green paper known as US dollars?)

You come across as a very informed individual, I know that you know the answers to everyone of those questions.

jereme28 06/30/2010 9:13am

Yes, you are correct about being a “fiat economy”, however it was never designed to be this way, and everything was originally backed in gold or silver. Abraham Lincoln started the “Greenbacks” out of necessity to provide the north a means to fund a defense against the south. They were only intended to be temporary war bonds essentially, but over time it became a permanent expoitation of the U.S. Treasury. J.F.K. tried to stop this while he was in office by creating “Silver Backs”. He too got his head blown off.

icanttakeitanymore 06/29/2010 4:22pm

Yeah!!! me too…I read a book today on how to live when you are homeless..sad as heck..but true. I am preparing for what is to be. I can only depend on myself. I don’t want to depend on anyone, and I have tried my best to make it. Now my car will take on a new meaning “Home sweet Home” I am going to cry.

• 4thofjuly 06/29/2010 4:05pm

How long is a tier? I don’t know what tier I’m on

Dottie 06/29/2010 5:26pm

26 wks regular unemployment
    20 wks Tier 1
    14 wks Tier 2
    13 wks Tier 3
    06 wks Tier 4
    20 wks EB – Extended benefits

I hope this helps. Just figure out how many wks you have drawn a unemployment check and you will know where you are at.

• Ktallini36 06/29/2010 4:31pm

Dear Lord Jesus:
    Pleeeeeeaaaasssse have this bill passed TOMORROW and let us start recieving our unemployment benefits again before the end of the week. Since congress won’t listen to us and our begging doesn’t mean anything to them I can only turn to you. PLLLLLEEEASE let this bill pass. AMEN!!!!!!!!!!! Can I get an AMEN?!

• icanttakeitanymore 06/29/2010 4:48pm

AMEN..AMEN..AMEN..PLEASE LET IT PASS…I AM REALLY GETTING SCARED.

• Dottie 06/29/2010 5:34pm

No Unemployment, no money, no food…soon there will be no car, no home! What is wrong with our politicians…We the people need to remember this November 2010 and November 2012…Vote only new candidates and vote all incumbents out (Democrats and republicans). I have always been republican but not anymore. From this point on I am an independent. I will not vote for anyone currently in office.

• jereme28 06/29/2010 5:38pm

This is not a spiritual matter, and the fictional “jesus” is not gonna save you. I am an extremely spiritual man, but I am well aware that “Jesus” was only a character designed to make you submit, AS YOU SHOULD DO, as a spiritual person. We are living in the devil’s playground, where the wicked are rewarded and the righteous suffer, just as the character and story of jesus portrayed. Now is the time to decide where you stand. You can join the wicked and sell your ass, or sell drugs knowing how it destroys your fellow man, or you can stand strong and die of starvation, and abuse from this wicked society. In my opinion, I feel that we must rise above and take the power back, and overcome the wickedness that has stolen our way of life that we have earned. This is the choice that lies before us, do you not think that the african americams of the 60’s had it worse? No this isnt shit compared to what they endured. We want the “Change” he promised and we have yet to hear from him.

• Dottie 06/29/2010 6:16pm

Go to the following sites and sign petitions

Care 2 petition
    and
    The petition site

We the unemployed americans need to sign as many petitions as we can find on the internet. Our voices will be heard!

• Boriqua187 06/29/2010 7:29pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100630/ap_on_bi_ge/us_unemployment_benefits dont give up

• Loriann123 06/30/2010 2:10am

They are voting today on the HR4213 in the Senate, and the 5218 in the house. The 5218 was voted yesterday on special rules and needed 3/4ths vote and did not pass. Under regular rules it would have passed. However, should it pass in the house we need to get it into the Senate, please pray that if they do not pass the 4213 today Reid will allow the 5218 to be voted on! And I pray they do so before they go on their lengthy vacation.

I am at my wits end here. I’ve not had a check since the beginning of May. I’m preparing on a yard sale so I can buy food and toilet paper!

michaeldf 06/30/2010 6:41am

what are you talking about????4213 is dead,5218 is funding for schools I think with a bunch of stuff attached to it?

Abaratarrr 06/30/2010 7:35am

nope harry reid filed for cloture on 4213 last night, he is refusing to allow for a vote on unemployment benefits unless it is part of 4213.

Reid said yesterday that if needed he wait wait a few weeks and try again saying that the republicans will face pressure at home if benefits are not extended for a few more weeks.

He is holding us hostage.

jrhill 06/30/2010 8:20am

I think she meant 5618

H.R.5618 – Restoration of Emergency Unemployment Compensation Act of 2010

(contextual-clues do wonders for the brain.. time to practice!)

lol

Loriann123 06/30/2010 8:34am

OK so I got the numbers wrong, I suppose I should have gone back to pull the correct ones.

• jrhill 06/30/2010 5:02am

hang in there!

Sen Dick Durbin is now talking about this in the Senate. He just finished up and yielded back his time.. its about 10:01 AM right now.

He is urging action within the next day or two before break.

lets keep our fingers crossed

• vote4whoandwhy 06/30/2010 7:48am

I have to state this. I am disappointed in our government. They bail out foreign countries and pay for a war that we should be out of by now – election time rolls around and all the arrogant, ignorant Republicans and very few Demos disappoint more and more people. Here we are faced in a serious recession, and I am not alone in saying that I have paid my taxes and in to unemployment since age 16 – I am now 42 and having a serious problem finding any kind of work. It is causing depression, and I can only hope that others in the same situation as I, hang in there. We, the so-called “99ers” need our government, or even our State government, to help us out and provide for another tier – known as the “fifth”. I have borrowed from Peter to pay Paul since March 2010 and sold some of my most hard-earned personal possessions (i.e. Movado watch..pro karaoke system) to feed both myself and my dog. Why is the government failing us??

• vote4whoandwhy 06/30/2010 7:56am

WHO THE “F” FEELS LIKE CELEBRATING THE 4TH OF JULY THIS YEAR??

whatsgoingon 06/30/2010 8:13am

Time to hang our flags upside down.

Send Your Senator a Letter