S.3706 - Americans Want to Work Act

A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.
  • Short: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.

That 10/17/2010 6:12pm
+ 52
in reply to FLarlene Oct 17, 2010 6:00pm

Ooh finally the Obama apologists show up! Ooh do tell Flar how pelosi reid and obama have saved the day! I fogotted back when my unemployment ran out, I really could use a bed time fairy tail!

TL3390 10/17/2010 6:35pm
+ 51
in reply to FLarlene Oct 17, 2010 6:00pm

FLarelene, you’re resorting to the same tactics politicians frequently use. Every time I present facts that get in the way of a good ol’ fashioned Republican-bashing, you switch the topic to whatever poster you think I am.

Is your world so small that there are all Democrats, and one “NoBama4me”?

By the way, where above do I defend Republicans? I’m pretty sure I mocked Sher1’s ridiculous rant, then posted a link that shows Senator Boxer’s wonderful grasp and understanding of the legislation she signs off on.

n0bama4me 11/13/2010 9:11am
+ 25
in reply to candyazzara Nov 13, 2010 9:09am

candy – thank you very much. =) have a good day. listen to rush limbaugh if you get a chance because he had some good information about unemployment extensions and what the obama adminsitration wants to do – make you permanently unemployed underclass. have a swell day =)

n0bama4me 11/13/2010 8:54am
+ 23
in reply to candyazzara Nov 13, 2010 8:26am

at 252pm eastern time everyone elses posts were rated down but mine… with the exception of your trolling insults and accusations to me. perhaps we’ve identified the person rating here? coincidence your post isn’t rated down? believe me don’t accuse me of being a moderator because if i was i would have done way more banning than the existing moderators have. i know how many troll accounts the liberals have on here. im well aware of whats going on with the ratings. its not working. its backfiring on the person thats doing it to me. keep rating i don’t care i already said it. you 5 liberals on here (same people on 1699) just hate conservatives because you can’t argue with us. you resort to this name calling insulting trolling and accusing because its all you got. so keep rating if that’s all you can do – im not going anywhere.

n0bama4me 11/13/2010 5:51am
+ 23

while we beg for unemployment benefits our failure of a president continues to act like a movie star… i told you guys last week his trip to asia was nothing more than a expensive vacation. nearly all 6 of you on this board argued with me… looks like abc news agrees with me so do most of the people in our country:

“ABC News: Obama Asia Trip Fails” http://www.breitbart.tv/abc-news-obama-asia-trip-fails/ Obamas trip to Asia was a complete failure and waste of taxpayer money – much like everything else Obama does… Now can we please throw some money at the unemployed mister obama?

n0bama4me 11/13/2010 9:02am
+ 23

hey moderator – 4 pages ago you said stick on topic and no more insults… why are you letting these same people accuse me and troll posting nothing but accusations, insults, and trolling attempts? is there even a moderator? i can point out at least 50 posts in 2 days that have nothing to do with unemployment, they were just simply arrogant ignorant trolling insults and accusations to me. meanwhile one of them is rating me up/others down and turns around and accuses me of doing it. im wondering if this is a inside job since you keep letting it go on??? jimany christmas come on and moderate. i come on here and its nothing but accusations and attempts to troll me. what a waste of space!

TL3390 11/11/2010 5:40am
+ 22
in reply to TL3390 Nov 11, 2010 5:27am

I just want to point out that I was never on the S1699 boards, I have one account on here, and all I’ve tried to do is engage in grown-up political discourse on here with people, many of whom might not share my opinion on a range of issues affecting the unemployed.

One of the other reasons I’m not spending as much time here is because of the childish antics that have taken over and have nothing to do with this bill or any issues surrounding it. Filtering, multiple accounts, name-calling, and other issues like it don’t interest me in the least. The bigoted and homophobic ranting that took place last week would hardly be appropriate on a sixth grade message board, let alone one that is about a completely grown-up and serious subject like this one.

TL3390 11/11/2010 5:27am
+ 22
in reply to FLarlene Nov 11, 2010 4:19am

Thanks, FLarlene. I thought we already crossed that bridge and determined that I’m not n0Bama. I’ve been busy looking for work lately and haven’t been able to come on here as much.

I’ve offered advice for other 99’ers, I’ve complained about anyone who filters comments(whether it’s Sher1 OR n0Bama getting their comments filtered), I’ve criticized both Repubs and Dems, and I’ve made calls on behalf of the 99’ers. Yet I still get grouped in with others simply because I’m not an ardent supporter of this administration.

n0bama4me 11/13/2010 5:59am
+ 22
in reply to BrokeInOhioPart2 Nov 13, 2010 3:56am

your the one rating me up and down. no matter how many times i say its not me ignorant people just keep accusing me. and obviously open congress doesn’t care. you know a mod could come on here and tell us whos doing it but he wont. because its a inside job. its a liberal that is doing this to me. it ain’t working though. i could care less about ratings. how about open congress do away with ratings?? whoever keeps rating me up and down just go ahead and keep doing it you know what your just putting my posts above others! what a idiot. stick to unemployment benefits instead of getting hung up on me and accusing me. it’s flattering, but really that part is getting old. don’t spend all day and night hung up on me.

TL3390 11/11/2010 5:49am
+ 22

I respect people who don’t agree with me, but please stop with the nonsense of accusing me of being someone else. .

TL3390 11/11/2010 5:50am
+ 22

TL3390 11/11/2010 5:53am
+ 21

Shouldn’t the people who sit here and rate down comments with multiple accounts be out looking for work or maybe making calls on behalf of the legislation? You people are the types who I won’t shed a tear for if this bill isn’t passed.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 11:39am
+ 20
in reply to TL3390 Nov 11, 2010 10:59am

tl – just some words of comfort. whether filtering occurs here or not, it will not change the outcome of whether this passes or not. in all honesty, all of the writing, and calling that will/can possibly make a difference has already been done. we been doing that for 2 years now. it didn’t make a difference. there is no further unemployment information. even donny shaw in his blog said the democrats probably will not even mention/pass unemployment extensions. this board has absolutely no impact on extensions. frankly we already lost – we the american people that is. look i personally been unemployed almost 3 years now. been without benefits for nearly 1 year soon. i already lost, so did millions of others. ratings/filtering here mean nothing. just hang in there. hopefully ried/obama/pelosi will do something instead of make us suffer this long.

TL3390 11/11/2010 10:59am
+ 20

You people understand that the only losers in this filtering war are the 99’ers, right? People who come here for information won’t get it, people who have good information to post (like SClark) won’t post what they have, and the type of action (like phone calls, demonstrations, etc) that just might elicit a response from someone important will be ignored (at least on this site).

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 11:30am
+ 20
in reply to TL3390 Nov 11, 2010 10:59am

tl – i saw like 2 days ago about 1 minute after i posted i was rated down -10. then i saw you rated down today about the same. we know whos doing it but don’t worry because you and i obviously have a lot of support here otherwise we wouldn’t be rated back up! just remember my advice and the moderator’s advice ignore the accusing trolls who are hypocrites, just stick to unemployment extension and related topic to this board. we are on the right track with our message. we want reid/obama/pelosi to stop making us suffer and pass this unemployment extension. this entire country knows who is really holding it up and last tuesday we sent that message to congress. we are on the right track to making sure our voices are heard. just hang in there during these tough times. we will defeat ignorant hypocrites eventually. no worries.

TL3390 11/11/2010 10:50am
+ 20
in reply to HopefromCA Nov 11, 2010 10:26am

Hope, I believe that you’ll be able to finish the tier you are currently on after the 11/30 deadline. Someone can correct me if I’m wrong, but I believe those who have tiers following the deadline would not be able to start new ones once the tier they are on expires.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 11:26am
+ 19
in reply to TL3390 Nov 11, 2010 10:46am

tl – remember what i said a few pages back, just don’t talk to the hypocrite trolls that accuse me and you. stick to unemployment extensions and related topics like the moderator said. as you can see the past week, the trolls who hate us because they can’t argue with our message and resort to personally attacking and accusing us have created numerous accounts to do nothing but troll and accuse with. just ignore it like i told you. you and i need intelligent people to talk to and right now there isn’t much on this board. people are really upset with obama/ried/pelosi for making us suffer for 11 months this year. its understandable that people who are ignorant would accuse us. we need to stick with our pressure to get ried/pelosi/obama to lift a finger for us and actually help. hang in there buddy.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 3:20pm
+ 19
in reply to HopefromCA Nov 11, 2010 10:26am

hope – in case you haven’t heard because we did say this several times on both boards… these deadlines you hear about are usually concerning the final date you can apply to be eligible to receive benefits. so if you’re already applied and eligible, and already receiving benefits you will continue until you get a job or exhaust those benefits… now if you have not applied by that date to establish eligibility then no you probably wont get anything… part of the problem with these tiered systems reflect the problem in congress – its ran by a bunch of lawyers and has become too political and complicated. instead of extending due dates and making confusing teirs, they should just do it by weeks and establish your credits/amounts by how much you worked before you were laid off, etc.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 3:12pm
+ 18
in reply to n0bama4me Nov 11, 2010 3:10pm

any of you ever wonder with all the calling/faxing/emailing/pleading we have done over the past year and a half day after day why a democrat majority controlled congress and a democrat in the white house turned their back on us? do you ever question their excuses? do you really think its all because of republicans? they had the majority. look at what they did with obamacare make no mistake about it obama care was jammed down our throats even though majority of americans absolutely didn’t want it and we knew it would be harmful for all of us…. now look at unemployment extensions… we can’t get that passed why? oh the darned republicans. yeah our president/reid/pelosi are powerless when it comes to unemployment.

davidak 08/16/2010 7:07pm
+ 17
in reply to sassysally50 Aug 16, 2010 2:02pm

its really tough being politicians…half their life’s are ruined because of lies….and the other half is ruined because of the truth…..

TL3390 11/11/2010 10:46am
+ 17
in reply to BrokeInOhioPart2 Nov 11, 2010 9:45am

Hi Broke. I just never knew about this board until a couple of months ago. I used to get my info from unemployedworkers.org. I lost my job in August 2008, so I’m definitely long-term.

The only reason I brought that board up was because I’ve heard about it so much here. For some reason, because n0Bama and I share some of the same political views, there are small-minded people here who think that he and I are the same person.

Half-intelligent people would read that I disagreed with n0Bama about the President’s trip to India, so it wouldn’t make much sense for me to disagree with myself. Then again, most of what goes on here on this board is difficult to understand lately.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 2:50pm
+ 17
in reply to n0bama4me Nov 11, 2010 2:47pm

unfortunately that, there are/were a lot of people in this country that don’t want to work that were leeching of the system, that are taking advantage unlawfully of all kinds of programs they should not be on, like a free ride gravy train, only what they don’t realize is that its on the taxpayers expense. so we end up with this outrageous unemployment crisis. http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2010-11-10/deficit-reduction-panel-s-plan-would-seek-to-cut-social-security-medicare.html obamas responsible now for wanting to cut medicare/medicaid social security. remember they blamed republicans?

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 2:47pm
+ 17
in reply to That Nov 11, 2010 2:18pm

http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_111110/content/01125110.guest.html there is a full transcript of what rush said and he explains it. i totally agree with him… what he is pointing out is the democrats want you to be permanently unemployed. thats what they are doing by making us go without for so long. so then we have to rely on the government for handouts and they take full control of our lives. the gov expanded sooo much under obama its ridiculous. obama/ried/pelosi are creating a permanent underclass that will buy them votes because look… look at what sher1/other liberals say we have to vote for a democrat just to get a extension of unemployment benefits (government assistance) – really? stop and think about that… that sound like the democrats are setting us up to rely on them for ever… i agree with rush. he was talking about wasteful spending… continued..

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 2:52pm
+ 17
in reply to n0bama4me Nov 11, 2010 2:50pm

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/2010-11-10-1Afedpay10_ST_N.htm where’s all our money going? why can’t we afford unemployment benefit extensions?? could this be why???

“The number of federal workers earning $150,000 or more a year has soared tenfold in the past five years and doubled since President Obama took office, a USA TODAY analysis finds.” *******

do you all know that the more obama expands this ridiculous out of control government, the more tax payer money it takes to fuel it? seriously… the ignorance of so many…

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 3:05pm
+ 16
in reply to n0bama4me Nov 11, 2010 2:52pm

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUAG3Fqz56s by the way pelosi, unemployment checks DO NOT CREATE JOBS! we need unemployment checks, but WE NEED to address the cause/issue of unemployment! idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LC211h9AY-4 harry reid “only 36,000 people lost their jobs in one day – which is really really good”

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=in1AovV3zgU obama is hurting our country making us permanently unemployed.

kc3295 09/28/2010 11:40am
+ 16
in reply to Abaratarrr Sep 28, 2010 8:50am

Thank you. I see nothing has changed. All the infighting instead of fighting together for the bill.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 3:32pm
+ 16
in reply to n0bama4me Nov 11, 2010 3:26pm

obama/ried/pelosi since you have destroyed our country left behind all us unemployed for so long giving us excuses at most, i’d like to ask that when you create the new welfare system that i be at least provided with a taxpayer green/hybrid vehicle, a tent, some food, entertainment, maybe government ran home for homeless, just bail me out like you do with the banks… put me on obamacare, every program you got. heck its free right (no such thing as taxpayer money)? if you wont pass 3706, just raise taxes make us pay more because that makes sense now?? -.0 right? encourage illegal immigration so our country is overrun and leeched on until its crippled. let outsourcing continue so it garuntees we don’t have a job. increase the retirement age so we will work until we die. keep taking pics of americans at airports feeling us up. give unfair advantages to illegals/foreigners while our colleges hike tuition and rape us citizens. keep telling us to retrain instead of addressing the problems.

n0bama4me 11/11/2010 3:37pm
+ 16
in reply to That Nov 11, 2010 2:18pm

believe me im testy too but even though we are angry you got to understand part of what he was saying is actually true. i posted it below. the leech system already tarnished unemployment benefits even though we are different from the people who leech. the fact that leeching is going on paints us unemployment recipients in a certain way unfortunately. we want to work and what he was saying was califorinia as a example. that state has outrageous unemployment, spending, illegal immigrant populations, and all kinds of corrupt politicians there. they were borrowing 40mil daily. its not working. as ive said before we cannot be on unemployment benefits for the rest of our lifes although thats what ried/obama/pelosi want to happen so we depend on them… we need jobs and policies that promote jobs – thats the conservative answer – and the correct/smart answer too!

NoGoodOnesLeft 08/05/2010 9:32am
+ 16

Too bad this is probably too late for a lot of people. They aren’t even going to begin debating it – which will probably take a month or two – until they get back mid-September and then the states will delay a month or two for programming so it will probably be a least 3 months before anybody sees any money. I think that if any of the politicians really cared, they would have introduced this months ago or included it with the deadline extension.

JoHamm 08/13/2010 7:21am
+ 16

if you have no phone service: go to www.safelink.com

if you are getting food stamps, you’re qualified.

you will get a cell with service for 1 year & 200 minutes per month.

this is a government supported service that provides a free cell phone & 200 free minutes of air time per month for 1 year. It takes 5 to 10 days (mine came in 4 days)via USPS.

Send Your Senator a Letter