H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

fakk2 02/14/2011 2:08pm

I shouldn’t be surprised you two have no respect for anyone unless they agree with you. That is sad.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:10pm

Who the heck is “you two” ?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:15pm

And if I had NO respect I never would have wasted my time with all my replies to you.

fakk2 02/14/2011 2:23pm

Sure, whatever you say. BTW, “you two” is yourself, and adamaiken, whom you replied to.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 12:48pm

In a surprise change of course, but highly expected if one was to look at the data provided by a number of top economists, the Obama Administration in its proposed budget for fiscal 2012 has forecasted slower growth and higher unemployment for the next two years. This is the first acknowledgment from any official and/or statement from the Obama White House, that the economy continues to suffer.

In previous budgets, the administration had projected rosy outcomes of robust growth and a lower unemployment rate for 2011 and 2012.

These mis-projected outcomes gave many in the nation an impression of a improved economic expansion, an misconception that long-term unemployment particularly the 99ers was the fault of jobless individuals not wanting to seek work.

sclark113 02/14/2011 12:58pm

One would think with a 3 trillion dollar budget proposal that one could find a dollar or two to put into a job creation program and a bridge for the unemployed until they get one.

And for all out conservative friends out there, NPR reported this morning that if the budget is approved, the size of the government will be as small as it was during Eisenhower’s Presidency – a conservative republican for his day!

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:04pm

I thought I saw you posting back there too :)

where 02/14/2011 1:16pm

Hi Was! Looks like you have a new friend! Kinda makes you miss nobama, Lol
    I did my interview today and now I get to wait! Heck I have been practicing that alot!

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:20pm

Why do I always get all the “friends” (stalkers)!

I think they like some others too though :)

The spice of life I guess……

sclark113 02/14/2011 1:22pm

Hey That’s – that’s great…how do you think it went? Hope it works out for you!

where 02/14/2011 2:52pm

Hi Scott! I think it went well, They seemed to like me soo, Now I wait!

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 5:44pm

your just so lovable…..

happy valentines day….

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:25pm

Actually it might be a little interesting if it was not the same old thing I heard for years now…“take that minimum wage job” “you can live fine on it” It’s your fault you didn’t save for being unemployed for years"

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:31pm

We determined it is exactly half your fault because if you just stayed home you never would have got hit by that car

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:34pm

Ooops… it seems my posts get edited before posting if I am not tricky…..

The first part said,

It reminds me of that lawyer commercial that said,

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:50pm

Why the Unemployment Rate Has Become a Bad Joke

The national unemployment rate is becoming an increasingly meaningless statistic when it comes to painting a true picture of economic and job growth.

While the December drop from 9.4 percent to 9.0 percent might have looked nice on paper, digging through the real numbers shows the actual jobs picture hasn’t improved at all.

In fact, the situation is at best stagnating, despite headline numbers that look like things are getting better.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:54pm

The 61 co-sponsors are: Joe Baca, Karen Bass, Sanford Bishop, Robert Brady, Corrine Brown, G.K. Butterfield, Andre Carson, Kathy Castor, Yvette Clarke, Emanuel Cleaver, Steve Cohen, John Conyers, Elijah E. Cummings, Danny Davis, Donna Edwards, Keith Ellison, Eliot Engel, Sam Farr, Chaka Fattah, Bob Filner, Barney Frank, Marcia L. Fudge, Al Green, Raul Grijalva, Luis Gutiérrez, Alcee Hastings, Maurice Hinchey, Mazie K. Hirono, Mike Honda, Jesse L. Jackson Jr., Eddie Bernice Johnson, Sheila Jackson Lee, Hank Johnson, Marcy Kaptur, John Lewis, Dave Loebsack, Carolyn Maloney, Jim McDermott, Greg Meeks, George Miller, Gwen Moore, Jerrold Nadler, Grace Napolitano, Eleanor Holmes Norton, John Olver, Frank Pallone, Donald Payne, Charles Rangel, Lucille Roybal-Allard, Bobby Rush, Linda Sanchez, Jan Schakowsky, Robert C. Scott, José E. Serrano, Fortney Stark, Bennie Thompson, Edolphus Towns, Nydia Velázquez, Maxine Waters, Lynn Woosley, John Yarmouth.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 1:55pm

If you’re a 99er who wants to see this bill come up for a vote — and you don’t see your representative’s name on this list — you might consider sending him or her a letter urging support of Lee’s bill.

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:02pm

And from our so helpful Republican friends….

INDIANA (Indiana’s NewsCenter) – We’ve received plenty of feedback about a bill making its way through the Indiana Statehouse that would tie unemployment benefits to drug testing.
    The bill was introduced by two freshman Republican lawmakers

Ummm…..doesn’t some have to hold a job for a good while to even collect unemployment?

sclark113 02/14/2011 2:14pm

This place seems awfully quiet for getting back up to 1,600+ views in one day…what’s up everybody, cat got your tongue?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:21pm

I notice some missing names…and personalities.

I think we have a fair amount of employed people watching too :)

fakk2 02/14/2011 2:21pm

Yes, you do have to hold a job for a while before collecting unemployment, but that doesn’t mean someone can’t be doing drugs while working. What’s wrong with wanting to hold someone accountable for not breaking the law before giving them a government bailout?

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 3:34pm

How about we give all the employees in DC a drug test?

What a firestorm that would be!

fakk2 02/14/2011 4:47pm

HAHAHA! That’d be awesome!

• Legion1 02/14/2011 2:05pm

If you’re an older worker looking for government help training for a new job, you might get a little nervous. Obama wants to halve a program that helps seniors with career or community service training.

He wants to spend much less to build new homes for the elderly and disabled.

He also wants to cut by half the grants that provide poorer families with substantial help paying their energy bills.

Crumbling inner-city sidewalks, cleaner air, dirtier drinking water, more debt for some college students and higher heating costs for low-income families.

Obama is seeking big cuts in grants that help states upgrade sewage treatment and drinking water systems.

He also wants to do away with a clean-diesel program that his administration says removed tons of pollution and made people healthier.

Obama is proposing cuts in community development grants that hard-pressed mayors use for streets, sidewalks, water and sewers in poor neighborhoods.

Looks like it’s riches to rags time in America

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:13pm

Seems like he is doing a lot of “waffling” now…

• WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:31pm

fakk2 02/14/2011 7:04pm

WasMiddleClass,

All you want is a handout. Yes, you’re working. Yes, you’re employed. Yes, you are under-employed. No, it’s not a good life. And no, it’s not an easy life. But you are employed. Don’t you have any pride? Don’t you feel good for at least having a job while others don’t? Unless someone decides to give of their own pockets in the name of charity, no one deserves something for nothing.

I moved you to the front page sneaky.

fakk2 02/14/2011 2:36pm

I thought the “front page” was page 1, but at least now I know what you’re talking about.

WasMiddleClass 02/14/2011 2:52pm

And maybe we should all just live like the Chinese workers, working for slave wages, and “bunking 3-4” in a room as you said?

How about I drive my truck through your home and tell you it is your fault because you didn’t save for it?

fakk2 02/14/2011 4:52pm

Yeah, that’d be amazing if you drove your truck through my house! In fact, you should be a millionaire for flying trucks if you can accomplish that considering I live on the fourth floor. And if I didn’t have renter’s insurance, yes, it would be my fault.