H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

• bugsy166 03/15/2011 5:12pm

I see nobama4me is back, eh.
    Maybe this time he will behave like a human.
    We actually can use some of his one sided imput.

• Moderated Comment

WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:10pm

Well…….you did say that we would see REAL job creation when the Republicans took charge. Shall I dig up the post?

You even replied they would help the 99ers…I can dig that one up too :P

WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:19pm

I think the consensus now is turning to… the Repubs and Dems are both owned by the few ultra rich, and do not have our best intentions at heart……

I guess you missed a lot here during your nap.

I give those bones to my dog now and throw them a little dirt back……

BrokeInOhioPart3 03/16/2011 3:33pm

Are you Republicians saving you? Did they throw you the bone that you have been cry for for over a year? YOU are the one on here waiting for a extension.

• sclark113 03/16/2011 4:31am

Unless Michigan lawmakers take action by March 24th, unemployed workers could lose up to 20 weeks of unemployment insurance known as Extended Benefits.

• Legion1 03/16/2011 11:09am

update: stent won’t do the trick, triple by-pass sometime on Friday, am now diabetcand also have COPD. Looking like no escape for another week at least.

adamaiken 03/16/2011 1:03pm

Hang in Legion, you will be as good as new after the by-pass. You can back out of the diabetes and it will be like you never had it. I don’t know too much about COPD but if you smoke you had better consider stopping. All my prayers are with you. Hope to see you back again soon. Take care!

WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:13pm

You’re 1AD, don’t forget that. You will beat it.

MrsChang 03/16/2011 4:46pm

A bypass will give you lots more years to live. It’s a pain to go through, but being alive is worth it. Good luck and keep us posted. Prayers ongoing.

js3par 03/16/2011 6:51pm

It won’t be the greatest day of your life but isn’t all that bad. I had a quadruple bypass 13 years ago at age 55 after similar symptoms and a heart attack. Later found I had copd and liver disease. I’m still going with cholesterol 129 and walk treadmill 6 days a week. Feel great but sure would like a drink and a cigarette (ain’t gonna happen though).

What I’m trying to say is you will be fine and feel like a new person – hang in and best of luck.

• WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:37pm

I spent today working with the owner of the company again. We are both former Republicans turned Democrat thanks to Bush.

Now we are former Democrats turned to independent thanks to Obama and the current Republicans.

As we worked today once again in the most exclusive enclave of many of the old money power brokers our conversation for most of the day was about how we are going to fight back against those that think they are superior to the rest of us, and control us, because they have a lot more money.

He told me we can’t become totally liberal now… and I said I am still NRA. He said me too! And we both ended up laughing like crazy.

I found it highly ironic……..

• WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:47pm

This is where I am working once again….

Since the turn of the 20th century, well established and old money families have selected the Island as the destination for their summer vacation, such as the DuPont, Vanderbilt, and Sargent families, as well as other old money WASP families, and their luxurious dwellings (the island’s exclusive estates) reflect an emphasis on continuity and tradition. Its more notable residents include former Governor Thomas Kean of New Jersey, former CIA Director Porter Goss, filmmaker Albert Maysles, former Whitney Museum director Tom Armstrong, former Kidder, Peabody & Co. Chairman Albert Gordon, Scudder Sinclair, president of the Sinclair Pharmacal Co. Inc. (based on Fishers Island), author Rick Moody (The Ice Storm), and the heirs to IBM.

WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:48pm

The eastern two-thirds of the island is scattered with large summer estates accessible by a single private road. During the main season, access to the private road is protected by a guard shed, which is decorated festively once a year on Labor Day for the annual Harbor Open Golf (HOG) parade and tournament hosted by the Fishers Island Club.

The seaside scenes in the movie The World According to Garp, starring Robin Williams and Glenn Close, were shot on Fishers Island on and about the grounds of the mansion originally built by Bethlehem Steel heir Robert Linderman. Many other movies have also been filmed here.

• WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 3:53pm

It must be nice to have a summer house with 15 bedrooms and 15 bathrooms while getting a huge tax cut for extra spending money…

• WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 4:15pm

WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 4:17pm

Stop pre-editing my posts please!

“NO” was the “trickle down economics” we saw today when we asked if we could put our lunches in the refrigerator.

WasMiddleClass 03/16/2011 4:43pm

You have a problem with that post?

I could go a little deeper and say exactly whose house it is….

Maybe later.

• adamaiken 03/17/2011 4:29am

Is it just me or does anyone else here feel that our President is MIA!

• adamaiken 03/17/2011 4:29am

Let me restate that, M.I.A.!

• Legion1 03/17/2011 4:46am

Anger abounds this morning. Since being in the hospital for 6 days now, I get to watch one of my all time favorite programs every morning, Washington Journal. Defunding NPR was a topic this morning. From the right side came a GOTP clown from Illinois. I find the arrogance of these “savages” to be amazing, how they think their way is the only way. In regardes to NPR, to these jackals, NPR is a leftwing mouth piece that must be stopped at all cost. I really hope those who voted these GOTP savages into places they could do the most damage, are very proud that they fell for the GOTP lies hook line and sinker. You moron’s deserve them. Their concerns for their own personal agendas rather than repairing Americas problems should be abundantly clear to everyone by now.

Last post for me for now. Hopefully, see ya in about a week….

MrsChang 03/17/2011 9:37am

Hang in there, JoHamm. And stop watching TV with its upsetting news. It’s done on purpose, if you ask me.

Prayers are ongoing.

WasMiddleClass 03/17/2011 2:37pm

It’s done on purpose

WasMiddleClass 03/17/2011 2:38pm

“I agree” was included in that post, but it vanished mysteriously…like other times…..

WasMiddleClass 03/17/2011 2:33pm

Remember the left vs right psyop game they play……..

You will be ok my friend…I can feel it.

There are forces in the universe far more powerful than those that think they are our Gods because of wealth…………

• 99Survivor 03/17/2011 8:09am

There’s no one as Irish as Barack O’Bama

• NoObamaTrolliAm 03/17/2011 9:29am

All of my friends are on their way back. Good to see you all. I see some things never change.

• adamaiken 03/17/2011 10:04am

Just got turned down for a job due to a credit check. I cannot believe that the banks were bailed out but people like me are stuck in limbo with no recourse. Why has nothing been done for us. With the economy the way it is, how can they base hiring on credit checks? When these things happen, I feel like stepping in front of a bus.

• 99Survivor 03/17/2011 1:48pm

H.R.1113 – To amend the Civil Rights Act of 1964 to prohibit discrimination on the basis of unemployment status.

WasMiddleClass 03/17/2011 2:35pm

Interesting.

By the way, that email account has been turned back on for quite a while…