H.R.589 - Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011

To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: To amend title IV of the Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008 to provide for additional weeks of first-tier emergency unemployment compensation, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act as introduced.
  • Popular: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.
  • Short: Emergency Unemployment Compensation Expansion Act of 2011 as introduced.

WasMiddleClass 12/02/2011 9:24pm
in reply to where Dec 02, 2011 8:59pm

Oh…I don’t know where…

I’m still:

Then again….

WasMiddleClass 12/02/2011 9:15pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Dec 02, 2011 7:33pm

I wonder how many Americans could ever accept the idea of the first lady being a former staffer that was cheating with a married man whose wife was sick in the hospital…

where 12/02/2011 8:59pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Dec 02, 2011 7:33pm

Hi Was! c-mon now what politician is worth a sack of crap now? I just dont understand how you (rightfully so) whoop the cr*p outta repubs all day but you never offer up your hero? Who is the great person you want to see in the white house?? Excuse me while I step back and give you some room to side step AGAIN Lol.

Well I think we all know that help for the 99ers will NEVER come. If they did extend benefits to us they would have to take us off the mythical “No longer looking for work list” I mean WTF! I haven’t stopped looking, How dare they say that Im not looking! Fu*kers better not say it to my face, Im out of patience.

You know I love ya Was

WasMiddleClass 12/02/2011 7:33pm

Then we have Newt. The guy that was trying to impeach Clinton while Newt was having an affair with his staffer. The guy that left two wives wile they were sick in the hospital, and is now married to his former staffer he was having an affair with.

It amazes me how uninformed most Americans are. When I talked to a couple of my Republican friends today they said Cain has to go after what he did. When I said what about what Newt did they look at me like I was crazy, and said “no way, if that happened we would hear it on TV all day now” after I explained it. I told them they better research historical facts then before they vote for the Grinch. I then asked them if they thought someone that got filthy rich from being a politician, and then a lobbyist was someone they though should be President. “HELL NO, that is what we have to get rid of” was the answer I got….

There is nothing I hate more than a hypocrite, and Newt is one of the biggest ones that ever lived!

Family values?

WasMiddleClass 12/02/2011 7:31pm

I can’t even watch the news anymore when mostly all they talk about is Cain and the Grinch.

I hope Cains wife tells him “GET OUT of my life you scumbag!” when he goes home. She should! He represents exactly what is wrong in America now, billionaires that think they are above the law and can do anything they want to anyone because they are so rich. Every time I see him talk I feel like I am watching evil personified!

9-9-9 my ass! All that would do is cut the income for most Americans by over 20% while increasing the income for the elite (like Cain) by over 20%.

WasMiddleClass 12/02/2011 7:28pm

It says 481 views on this board today. Someone is still reading here…

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 10:25pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Dec 01, 2011 10:02pm

We are not going to get played like suckers like so many in the Tea Party were!

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 10:02pm

Occupy DC protesters are becoming increasingly distrustful of labor unions and advocacy groups like MoveOn.org, who, they say, are trying to co-opt their movement to push political agendas of their own.
Labor unions, in particular, have been supportive of the Occupy movement nationwide. In the District, where there are two Occupy protest camps, unions have provided supplies and allowed protesters to use their facilities, including showers, since they arrived two months ago. But tensions have started to mount.

To emphasize its political independence, Occupy DC on Thursday marched on a Democratic fundraising dinner hosted by party leaders like Nancy Pelosi at which participants were paying $5,000 to $75,000 for a seat, and later blocked the entrance of the W Hotel where another Democratic fundraiser was being held. That followed a similar protest at a GOP event last month.

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 10:01pm

How much the Occupy movement has accomplished as far as waking people up, and changing the discussion in America in these short couple months amazes even me, when I was very involved in the discussions when it was just a idea online.

All the leaders that rose up to help organize and lead the fight all across this land in so many cities actually gave me faith in the American people again, when I had just about given up hope that our people would actually stand up like all those people in so many other countries have, and continue to now.

I watch certain people think it is a victory when Occupy camps finally get shut down. I can’t wait to see their reaction in the spring after all the Occupy groups, with all their new recruits, spend all winter organizing and strategizing, without having to spend so much time trying to keep camps running all winter, and come out in the spring with an organized army like nothing most people have ever seen.

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 10:01pm

NEW YORK — The overnight police raids in Philadelphia and Los Angeles that dismantled two of the nation’s biggest Occupy Wall Street encampments leave just a few major “occupations” still going on around the U.S. But activists are already changing tactics and warning of a winter of discontent, with rallies and marches every week.

The camps may bloom again in the spring, organizers said, and next summer could bring huge demonstrations at the Republican and Democratic conventions, when the whole world is watching

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 10:00pm

Occupy Bostons camp stands! (for now)

Dec. 1 (Bloomberg) — Occupy Boston protesters may remain in the city’s Dewey Square while a state court considers whether to lift a court order that bars their eviction.

Suffolk Superior Court Judge Frances McIntyre in Boston today allowed the order to remain in place until she issues her decision on or before Dec. 15. The judge heard testimony from the city’s fire marshal warning that the square is a firetrap plagued by cigarette smoking

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 9:59pm

As much as those FOX puppets try to say Occupy is dead, and were never more than a bunch of rich spoiled liberal college kids I can not help but laugh at their idiocracy when so many Americans are coming for their throats now.

I just ran a Bing search on Occupy stories in the past hour. It came up with 6,630.

There are so many articles now I can not even keep up with just the ones from all the big sites.

THAT is not dead…

WasMiddleClass 12/01/2011 9:59pm
in reply to where Dec 01, 2011 4:11pm

Thats old news for some of us…

where 12/01/2011 4:11pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Nov 30, 2011 10:06pm

Hey I came across a really good video on this!

Really helps to appreciate what heroic young people we have standing up for us

WasMiddleClass 11/30/2011 10:06pm

For those that think Occupy is dying out, or failing, all you have to do is run a news search for the past 24 hours on it.

I just tried one on Microsofts Bing. It came up with 10,500 results in 24 hours. 78 in the past hour alone, at night when most of the days news is already posted.

As I read through an assortment of todays articles most were in support of Occupy in one way or another.

WasMiddleClass 11/30/2011 9:50pm
in reply to where Nov 30, 2011 4:34pm

About the only place I see that great left vs right divide is in DC and our media. When I talk to most real people on issues they seem to agree on most of the major ones we are facing now, except for those who don’t bother to learn on their own and let themselves get brainwashed by sound bites on the media.

WasMiddleClass 11/30/2011 9:46pm

And as Marine Scott Olsen Spoke (and tried to speak the best he could now) on the Ed show last night:

Occupy Flap Prompts Oakland Recall Drive

And I note once again that the mayor of Oakland is a Democrat…

It would have been happening if it was a Republican or Independent as well.

WasMiddleClass 11/30/2011 9:44pm

And things are sure different at Harvard than some other supposedly more “liberal” universities:

When Harvard’s Occupy set up camp in the famous Harvard Yard, the university didn’t evict them or harass them. Instead, the Ivy League institution just made the protest exclusive by cloistering the protestors off from the outside world.
That makes Harvard’s Occupation far different from the boisterous, embattled and gritty Boston Occupation just a few miles away

WasMiddleClass 11/30/2011 9:43pm

As Occupy LA and Philly go down more spring up:

Occupy protesters defy order, set up tents in Minneapolis

And our legal battles continue:

Menino administration, lawyers for Occupy Boston camp make cases in legal documents

Defying Police Blockade, Boston’s Occupy Builds a City

WasMiddleClass 11/30/2011 9:42pm
in reply to where Nov 30, 2011 4:34pm

Ye of little faith…

where 11/30/2011 4:34pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Nov 28, 2011 7:02pm

I dunno Was, I do believe OWS enjoys broad support and mine too, but reading comments on stories on CNN and Fox the majority “99%” of comments are anti OWS and are big on the lazy hippy theme, As I have said before if we the 99% do not embrace ALL the 99% then the movement is destine to doom.

You have to accept that 50% of the people will be Liberal’s and the same for Conservatives If we cant accept the other half you are only the 50% and have nothing.

WasMiddleClass 11/28/2011 7:02pm

With all the shut downs of Occupy camps all over the world I am happy to report Occupy Hartford is digging in for the winter. We have a permit to camp issued by the state, and military tents, and other gear on the way.

Maybe Hartford will end up being one of the beacons in the night for Occupy this winter…

WasMiddleClass 11/28/2011 7:02pm

Moore ‘Occupies’ Jorgensen

When it comes to giving thanks, Michael Moore is not one to show appreciation to our nation’s politicians.

The famed documentary-maker and activist spoke at Jorgensen on Friday, Nov. 18, as part of a lecture series by the Mark Twain House in Hartford. Although he focused on Occupy Wall Street and the global economic crisis, he also shared his opinion on key political issues that are concerning Americans today.

As the audience rose up to greet him, Moore shuffled on stage in a sweatshirt, shorts and a baseball cap. He blamed his attire on his anxiety-filled drive from Manhattan to Storrs and called it his “Occupy Wall Street outfit.”

WasMiddleClass 11/28/2011 7:01pm
LA is still hanging on…

Occupy LA Asks Federal Judge To Stop Eviction

WasMiddleClass 11/27/2011 11:21pm
in reply to where Nov 27, 2011 10:14pm

Still causin’ trouble I see…

And I try to be so friendly these days…..:P

where 11/27/2011 10:14pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Nov 27, 2011 7:11pm

How do we get the spam removed? Hey Was all we need to do is watch “Grapes of wrath” Times dont change much, Im prayin I can make these last few days and hoping December is better.

WasMiddleClass 11/27/2011 7:11pm

Occupy Wall Street And Homelessness: Millions Spent To Evict Camps, While Cutting Shelter Funds

As cities around the country have swept Occupy Wall Street camps from their plazas and parks in recent weeks, a number of mayors and city officials have argued that by providing shelter to the homeless, the camps are endangering the public and even the homeless themselves.
Yet in many of those cities, services for the homeless are severely underfunded. The cities have spent millions of dollars to police and evict the protesters, but they’ve been shutting down shelters and enacting laws to prohibit homeless from sleeping overnight in public.

WasMiddleClass 11/27/2011 7:10pm

The goal of Americans Elect is to nominate a presidential ticket that answers directly to voters—not the political system.

American voters are tired of politics as usual. They want leaders that will put their country before their party, and American interests before special interests. Leaders who will work together to develop fresh solutions to the serious challenges facing our country. We believe a secure, online nominating process will prove that America is ready for a competitive, nonpartisan ticket.

WasMiddleClass 11/27/2011 7:10pm
in reply to WasMiddleClass Nov 27, 2011 7:09pm

America, the country where it is now illegal to sleep in a tent, a vehicle, on the ground, anywhere at all that you did not pay to have the right to sleep at. The country where it is illegal to sleep if you do not have money.

It is time we tar and feather both the Republicans and Democrats and run them out of town! It is time we elect leaders that represent the needs of those that elected them, not the needs of a few super rich so they can become rich themselves!

WasMiddleClass 11/27/2011 7:09pm

As we wait to see what happens with Occupy Los Angeles tonight, and Occupy Philadelphia has almost fallen, I can not hep but feel rage when I think about all the hypocritical words spoken by our elected “leaders” in supposed support for protesters in Egypt, and other countries. I listen to the supposed outrage over journalists being arrested there, few even mention all the ones arrested and abused here for trying to cover Occupy, even though America is the one with a Constitution that is supposed to prevent that from happening.

At a time when 15% of our population can not afford to eat without food stamps, 1.5 million of our children are homeless, close to same number are unemployed as in the great depression (when you count the unemployed as they did then), and more and more middle class people fall into poverty every day, our government thinks the solution is to pass laws making homelessness illegal, and throw them in jail so they are out of sight.