H.Con.Res.254 - Correcting the enrollment of H.R. 3590.view all titles (1)
All Bill Titles
- Official: Correcting the enrollment of H.R. 3590. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 3,322
Official SummaryDirects the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make corrections to the enrollment of H.R. 3590 (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act [PPACA]) with respect to abortion provisions to: (1) specify that nothing in such Act shall be construed to require any health plan to provide
Official SummaryDirects the Clerk of the House of Representatives to make corrections to the enrollment of H.R. 3590 (the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act [PPACA]) with respect to abortion provisions to:
(1) specify that nothing in such Act shall be construed to require any health plan to provide coverage of abortion services or to allow the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to require such coverage;
(2) prohibit funds authorized or appropriated by such Act, including the tax credit provided for premium assistance, from being expended for any abortion or to cover any part of the costs of a health plan that includes abortion coverage, with specified exceptions involving the risk of death for the woman seeking an abortion or a pregnancy resulting from rape or incest;
(3) allow non-federal entities to purchase separate coverage for abortions so long as such coverage is not purchased using the non-federal funds required to receive a federal payment;
(4) allow non-federal health insurance issuers to offer separate coverage for abortions so long as any such issuer that offers a qualified health plan through an Exchange that includes coverage for abortions also offers a plan that is identical except that it does not cover abortions; and
(5) repeal a provision requiring the Director the Office of Personnel Management (OPM) to ensure that with respect to multi-state qualified health plans offered in an Exchange, there is at least one such plan that does not provide coverage of abortions for which the expenditure of federal funds appropriated for HHS is not permitted.
...Read the Rest