H.R.1528 - Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011
To protect and enhance consumer privacy, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To protect and enhance consumer privacy, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Consumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 4
- All-Time: 3,617
Official SummaryConsumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 - Requires any entity that collects, sells, discloses for consideration, or uses personally identifiable information of more than 5,000 consumers during any consecutive 12-month period to: (1) provide consumers notice (meeting specified requirements)
Official SummaryConsumer Privacy Protection Act of 2011 - Requires any entity that collects, sells, discloses for consideration, or uses personally identifiable information of more than 5,000 consumers during any consecutive 12-month period to:
(1) provide a consumer with the opportunity to prevent for up to five years the sale or disclosure for consideration, to any covered entity that is not an information-sharing affiliate of the entity, of the consumer's personally identifiable information that may be used for a purpose other than a transaction with such consumer;
(2) give notice of any additional opportunities to limit such entity's practices with respect to collection or use of personally identifiable information; and
(3) implement an information security policy that is applicable to the information security practices and treatment of personally identifiable information maintained by such entity and that is designed to prevent the unauthorized disclosure or release of such information. Sets forth provisions concerning compliance with, approval of, and requirements of a self-regulatory program that provides protections for consumers and their personally identifiable information that are equal to or greater than protections provided under this Act.
...Read the Rest
Organizations Supporting H.R.1528
- None via MapLight at this time.
Organizations Opposing H.R.1528
- American Advertising Federation
- National Retail Federation
- Association of National Advertisers