H.R.1662 - Bureau of Reclamation Site Security Costs Act of 2007
To amend the Reclamation Safety of Dams Act of 1978 to authorize improvements for the security of dams and other facilities. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Bureau of Reclamation Site Security Costs Act of 2007 as passed house.
- Official: To amend the Reclamation Safety of Dams Act of 1978 to authorize improvements for the security of dams and other facilities. as introduced.
- Official: A bill to authorize the Secretary of the Interior to seek limited reimbursement for site security activities, and for other purposes. as amended by house.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 2,206
Official SummaryBureau of Reclamation Site Security Costs Act of 2007 - Makes costs incurred by the Secretary of the Interior for the physical fortification of Bureau of Reclamation facilities to satisfy increased post-September 11, 2001, security needs non-reimbursable.Directs the Secretary of the Interio
Official SummaryBureau of Reclamation Site Security Costs Act of 2007 - Makes costs incurred by the Secretary of the Interior for the physical fortification of Bureau of Reclamation facilities to satisfy increased post-September 11, 2001, security needs non-reimbursable.Directs the Secretary of the Interior to include up to a specified amount of costs incurred for increased levels of guards and patrols, training, patrols by local and tribal law enforcement entities, operation, maintenance, and replacement of guard and response force equipment, and operation and maintenance of facility fortifications at Bureau facilities after September 11, 2001, as reimbursable operation and maintenance costs under reclamation law. Requires site security costs allocated to irrigation and municipal and industrial water service under this Act for the Central Valley Project, California, to be collected by the Secretary exclusively by including such costs in operation and maintenance water rates.Authorizes the Secretary to develop policies and procedures with project beneficiaries to provide for the payment of reimbursable costs described in this Act. Directs the Secretary:
(1) upon identifying a Bureau facility for a site security measure, to provide to the project beneficiaries written notice describing the need for and the process for identifying and implementing the measure and summarizing related administrative and legal requirements;
(2) to provide project beneficiaries an opportunity to consult with the Bureau on the planning, design, and construction of the measure;
(3) before incurring security-related costs, to consider cost containment measures recommended by a project beneficiary;
(4) to provide to the project beneficiary a timely written response describing any proposed actions to address the recommendations and notice regarding the costs and status of such activities; and
(5) to report annually to specified congressional committees on site security actions and activities undertaken pursuant to this Act, including a summary of expenditures and information relating to a five-year planning horizon showing pre- and post-September 11, 2001, costs for site security activities.Provides that reclamation project security costs at the levels of activity that existed prior to September 11, 2001, shall remain reimbursable.
...Read the Rest