H.R.1685 - Electric Drive Vehicle Deployment Act of 2011
To establish programs to accelerate, provide incentives for, and examine the challenges and opportunities associated with the deployment of electric drive vehicles, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Electric Drive Vehicle Deployment Act of 2011 as introduced.
- Official: To establish programs to accelerate, provide incentives for, and examine the challenges and opportunities associated with the deployment of electric drive vehicles, and for other purposes. as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 1,904
Official SummaryElectric Drive Vehicle Deployment Act of 2011 - Directs the Secretary of Energy (Secretary) to establish a a two-phased competitive program to provide financial assistance to states, Indian tribes, or local governments (or groups thereof) for the deployment of electric drive vehicles in 10
Official SummaryElectric Drive Vehicle Deployment Act of 2011 - Directs the Secretary of Energy (Secretary) to establish a a two-phased competitive program to provide financial assistance to states, Indian tribes, or local governments (or groups thereof) for the deployment of electric drive vehicles in 10 selected deployment communities. Requires each recipient of financial assistance for a deployment community to provide a minimum of $2,000 in benefits to each of the first 50,000 consumers who purchase electric drive vehicles. Authorizes the Secretary to establish a competitive program to provide financial assistance to municipalities not selected to receive assistance under the Targeted Electric Drive Vehicles Deployment Communities Program. Requires this second program to assist non-selected municipalities with the deployment of electric drive vehicles, including the evaluation of the feasibility of large-scale deployment of such vehicles and the installation of publicly available electric drive vehicle charging infrastructure in that municipality. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) increase and extend through December 31, 2016, the tax credit for alternative fuel vehicle refueling property expenditures for vehicles powered by electricity; and
(2) allow a tax credit for qualified electric vehicle refueling property bonds. Amends the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 (PURPA) to establish standards for electric utilities regarding electric drive vehicle infrastructure. Directs each state regulatory authority (in the case of each electric utility for which it has ratemaking authority) and each utility (in the case of a nonregulated utility) to:
(1) require that infrastructure deployed complies with federal standards and is interoperable with products of all manufacturers,
(2) establish protocols and standards for integrating electric drive vehicles into an electrical distribution system,
(3) provide for the ability of each vehicle to be identified individually and to be associated with its owner's electric utility account, and
(4) review their determinations on time-based metering and communications. Directs the Secretary to carry out a loan program for eligible individuals and entities for the costs of:
(1) re-equipping, expanding, or establishing a manufacturing facility in the United States to produce qualified electric drive infrastructure or qualified electric drive vehicle components; and
(2) engineering integration performed in the United States of qualified electric drive vehicle components. Earmarks 25% of such loans for small manufacturers (less than 500 individuals) and component suppliers. Amends the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 to require the Secretary to establish program to provide loan guarantees to eligible entities by private institutions for the purchase of at least 500 qualified advanced automotive batteries a year. Requires the Administrator of General Services to acquire 1,000 commercially available electric drive vehicles (including the necessary qualified electric drive vehicle infrastructure) for the federal fleet.
...Read the Rest