H.R.2030 - Green Infrastructure for Clean Water Act of 2011
To establish centers of excellence for green infrastructure, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To establish centers of excellence for green infrastructure, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Green Infrastructure for Clean Water Act of 2011 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 1
- All-Time: 2,664
Official SummaryGreen Infrastructure for Clean Water Act of 2011 - Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to make competitive grants to eligible higher education institutions and research institutions to establish and maintain between three and five centers of excellence fo
Official SummaryGreen Infrastructure for Clean Water Act of 2011 - Requires the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to make competitive grants to eligible higher education institutions and research institutions to establish and maintain between three and five centers of excellence for green infrastructure. Defines \"green infrastructure\" as a stormwater management technique that preserves, restores, enhances, or mimics natural hydrology. Establishes the duties of each center, including:
(1) researching green infrastructure;
(2) developing manuals and setting industry standards on best management practices relating to state, local, and commercial green infrastructure;
(3) providing information about its research and manuals to the national electronic clearinghouse center;
(4) providing technical assistance and training on green infrastructure; and
(5) evaluating regulatory and policy issues about green infrastructure. Requires one of the centers to be designated as the national electronic clearinghouse center, which shall, in addition to its other duties, operate a website and a public database on green infrastructure. Requires the Administrator to make competitive grants to eligible entities that manage stormwater, water resources, or waste water resources to:
(1) plan and design and install green infrastructure projects;
(2) develop standards and revisions to local zoning, building, or other local codes necessary to accommodate such projects;
(3) develop fee structures to provide financial support for green infrastructure;
(4) develop training and educational materials about green infrastructure;
(5) develop and implement a green infrastructure portfolio standard program;
(6) monitor and evaluate the environmental, economic, or social benefits of green infrastructure; and
(7) implement a best practices standard for a green infrastructure program. Requires the Administrator to give priority to applications from:
(1) a community that has combined storm and sanitary sewers in its collection system or is low-income or disadvantaged; or
(2) an eligible entity that will use 10% of the grant for a low-income or disadvantaged community. Requires the Administrator to:
(1) ensure that EPA's Office of Water, the Office of Enforcement and Compliance, the Office of Research and Development, and the Office of Policy promote the use of green infrastructure and coordinate the integration of green infrastructure into permitting programs, planning efforts, research, technical assistance, and funding guidance;
(2) direct each EPA regional office to promote and integrate the use of green infrastructure within the region;
(3) create a green infrastructure compliance assistance center; and
(4) establish measurable goals, to be known as the green infrastructure portfolio standard, to increase the percentage of annual water managed by eligible entities that uses green infrastructure.
...Read the Rest