H.R.2081 - No More Excuses Energy Act of 2013
To secure unrestricted reliable energy for American consumption and transmission. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To secure unrestricted reliable energy for American consumption and transmission. as introduced.
- Short: No More Excuses Energy Act of 2013 as introduced.
- Short: American-Made Energy and Good Jobs Act as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 3
- Past Seven Days: 4
- All-Time: 419
Official SummaryNo More Excuses Energy Act of 2013 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to: (1) allow the issuance of tax-exempt facility bonds for the financing of domestic use oil refinery facilities, (2) extend the tax credit for a facility using wind to produce electricity (with specified reductions to p
Official SummaryNo More Excuses Energy Act of 2013 - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) allow the issuance of tax-exempt facility bonds for the financing of domestic use oil refinery facilities,
(2) extend the tax credit for a facility using wind to produce electricity (with specified reductions to phase-out the credit over the course of the extension),
(3) set the rate of the excise tax on liquefied natural gas to 24.3 cents per energy equivalent of a gallon of diesel,
(4) extend through 2014 the excise tax credit for alternative fuel,
(5) allow tax credits for the production of electricity from nuclear energy and the production of fuel from certain onshore wells, and
(6) repeal the minimum gas capture requirement for purposes of the carbon dioxide sequestration tax credit. Requires the President to designate at least 10 sites for oil or natural gas refineries on federal lands and make such sites available to the private sector for construction of refineries. Prohibits the Nuclear Regulatory Commission (NRC) from denying an application for nuclear waste disposal on the grounds of present or future insufficient capacity. American-Made Energy and Good Jobs Act - Directs the Secretary of the Interior to establish and implement a competitive oil and gas leasing program in the Coastal Plain of Alaska. Repeals the prohibition against producing oil and gas from the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. Sets forth requirements for the sale of oil and natural gas leases in the Coastal Plain, environmental protection, transportation easements, and royalty payments to Alaska. Establishes in the Treasury the Coastal Plain Local Government Impact Aid Assistance Fund to assist Alaska jurisdictions that are directly impacted by oil and gas exploration and production in the Coastal Plain. Amends the Gulf of Mexico Energy Security Act of 2006 to repeal the moratorium on oil and gas leasing in certain areas in the Gulf of Mexico. Directs the Secretary to include the areas removed from such moratorium within the areas available for leasing under the 2012-2017 Outer Continental Shelf Oil and Gas Leasing program. Amends the Clean Air Act to prohibit the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) from promulgating any regulation concerning, taking action relating to, or taking into consideration the emission of a greenhouse gas to address climate change. Excludes \"greenhouse gas\" from the definition of \"air pollutant\" except in connection with concerns other than climate change.
...Read the Rest