H.R.2950 - Renewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007
To reduce our Nation's dependency on foreign oil by investing in clean, renewable, and alternative energy resources, promoting new emerging energy technologies, developing greater efficiency, and creating a Strategic Energy Efficiency and Renewables Reserve to invest in alternative energy, and for other purposes. view all titles (13)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Renewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: Carbon Capture and Sequestration Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: United States Energy Storage Competitiveness Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: Petroleum Consumer Price Gouging Protection Act as introduced.
- Short: Public Buildings Cost Reduction Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: Ten-in-Ten Fuel Economy Act as introduced.
- Short: Biofuels for Energy Security and Transportation Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: Energy Efficiency Promotion Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Official: To reduce our Nation's dependency on foreign oil by investing in clean, renewable, and alternative energy resources, promoting new emerging energy technologies, developing greater efficiency, and creating a Strategic Energy Efficiency and Renewables Reserve to invest in alternative energy, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: High-Performance Green Buildings Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act of 2007 as introduced.
- Short: NOPEC as introduced.
- Short: Energy Diplomacy and Security Act of 2007 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 11,749
Official SummaryRenewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007 - Biofuels for Energy Security and Transportation Act of 2007 - Directs the President to: (1) promulgate regulations establishing a renewable fuel standard; and (2) provide a credit to the owner of any facility that use
Official SummaryRenewable Fuels, Consumer Protection, and Energy Efficiency Act of 2007 - Biofuels for Energy Security and Transportation Act of 2007 - Directs the President to:
(1) promulgate regulations establishing a renewable fuel standard; and
(2) provide a credit to the owner of any facility that uses renewable energy to displace over 90% of the fossil fuel normally used in renewable fuel production. Directs the Secretary of Energy to establish:
(1) a competitive infrastructure pilot grant program for renewable fuels;
(2) at least 11 bioresearch centers for systems biology;
(3) grants for renewable fuel production research and development in certain states;
(4) grants to Indian tribes and local governments for infrastructure for transportation of biomass to local biorefineries; and
(5) a biorefinery information center. Authorizes loan guarantees for advanced biofuel projects. Directs the Secretary and the National Institute of Standards and Technology to establish jointly a public alternative fuel database and related standard reference materials. Amends the Energy Policy Act of 1992 to prescribe a fuel tank cap labeling requirement. Directs the President to promulgate a national biodiesel fuel quality standard. Requires transitional assistance payments to farmers who plant dedicated energy crops for a local cellulosic refinery. Directs the President to establish a grant program for research and development in support of low-carbon fuels. Requires the Secretary to study and report to Congress on:
(1) advanced biofuels technologies;
(2) increased consumption of ethanol-blended gasoline with higher levels of ethanol;
(3) ethanol pipeline feasibility;
(4) optimization of flexible fueled vehicles to use E-85 fuel;
(5) credits for use of renewable electricity in electric vehicles;
(6) engine durability associated with the use of biodiesel;
(7) streamlined lifecycle analysis tools for the evaluation of renewable carbon content of biofuels;
(8) the effects of ethanol-blended gasoline on off-road vehicles; and
(9) offshore wind resources. Directs the President to study and report to Congress on incentives for renewable fuels. Directs the Secretary to establish a grant program for production of advanced biofuels. Amends the Clean Air Act to direct the Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) to arrange with the National Academy of Sciences for two studies on the effects of increased domestic renewable fuel use. Requires the EPA Administrator to:
(1) study whether the renewable fuel volumes required by this Act will adversely impact air quality as a result of changes in vehicle and engine emissions of regulated air pollutants; and
(2) promulgate regulations to implement appropriate mitigation (anti-backsliding) measures. Energy Efficiency Promotion Act of 2007 - Directs the Secretary to take specified actions to:
(1) promote advanced lighting technologies;
(2) expedite new energy efficiency standards;
(3) promote high efficiency vehicles and advanced batteries;
(4) set energy efficiency goals;
(5) promote federal leadership in energy efficiency and renewable energy;
(6) assist state and local governments in energy efficiency; and
(7) promote marine and hydrokinetic renewable energy. United States Energy Storage Competitiveness Act of 2007 - Directs the Secretary to:
(1) carry out a research, development, and demonstration program to support the U.S. ability to remain globally competitive in energy storage systems for motor transportation and electricity transmission and distribution;
(2) establish an Energy Storage Advisory Council; and
(3) establish up to four energy storage research centers. Establishes a National Commission on Energy Independence. Carbon Capture and Sequestration Act of 2007 - Amends the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to direct the Secretary of Energy to carry out research to develop new approaches to capture and store, recycle, or reuse carbon dioxide. Requires the Architect of the U.S. Capitol to establish a competitive Capitol power plant carbon dioxide emissions demonstration program. Requires the Secretary of Commerce to establish within the Office of Oceanic and Atmospheric Research of the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA) a program of scientific research on abrupt climate change. Public Buildings Cost Reduction Act of 2007 - Directs the Administrator of General Services (GSA Administrator) to accelerate the use of more cost-effective technologies and practices and geothermal heat pumps at General Services Administration (GSA) facilities. Requires the EPA Administrator to establish a demonstration grant program to assist local governments to deploy such technologies in their government buildings. Directs the GSA Administrator to install a photovoltaic system at the Department of Energy headquarters building in Washington, D.C. High-Performance Green Buildings Act of 2007 - Directs the GSA Administrator to appoint a Director who shall establish an Office of High-Performance Green Buildings (OHPGB) to conduct research and development to move the federal government toward construction of high-performance green buildings. Directs the EPA Administrator to make grants to state agencies for healthy school environments. Requires the OHPGB Director to:
(1) identify incentives to encourage federal government use of green buildings and related technology; and
(2) establish guidelines to implement a demonstration project related to OHPGB goals. Ten-in-Ten Fuel Economy Act - Directs the Secretary of Transportation to:
(1) prescribe average fuel economy standards for automobiles and commercial medium-heavy or heavy-duty on-highway vehicles;
(2) issue a vehicle safety compatibility standard and biodiesel standards;
(3) establish a national tire efficiency consumer information program and an Advanced Battery Initiative; and
(4) carry out an alternative fuels grant program and an alternative fuel vehicle action plan. Authorizes a corporate average fuel economy (CAFE) credit trading program. Establishes an Energy Security Fund. Directs the Secretaries of Transportation and of Energy to study jointly and report to Congress on the adequacy of transportation of domestically-produced renewable fuel by railroads and other modes of transportation. Petroleum Consumer Price Gouging Protection Act - Prohibits any price gouging with respect to crude oil gasoline or petroleum distillates during presidentially declared energy emergencies, related market manipulation, and reporting of false price information to federal agencies. Authorizes the President to declare a federal energy emergency in certain circumstances. Provides for mandatory enforcement by the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and discretionary enforcement by state Attorneys General. Energy Diplomacy and Security Act of 2007 - Urges the Secretary of State, in coordination with the Secretary of Energy, immediately to:
(1) seek to establish and expand strategic energy partnerships with the governments of major energy producers and major energy consumers, and with governments of other countries;
(2) establish a petroleum crisis response mechanism or mechanisms with the governments of China and India; and
(3) seek to establish such a mechanism for the Western Hemisphere, as well as a Hemisphere Energy Cooperation Forum. No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act of 2007, or NOPEC - Makes it unlawful for any foreign state (or instrumentality or agent) to act collectively or in combination with any other foreign state (or instrumentality or agent) or any other person to limit oil or natural gas production or distribution, set or maintain related prices, or otherwise restrain trade for oil, natural gas, or any petroleum product when such action has a direct, substantial, and reasonably foreseeable effect on the U.S. market. Authorizes civil enforcement under the antitrust laws. Allocates contingent costs associated with U.S. participation by the United States in the international nuclear liability compensation system established by the Convention on Supplementary Compensation for Nuclear Damage. Directs the Secretary to study and report to Congress on the effect of private wire laws on the development of combined heat and power facilities. Amends the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to establish a renewable portfolio standard.
...Read the Rest