H.R.3014 - Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2007
To improve the health of minority individuals, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To improve the health of minority individuals, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Health Equity and Accountability Act of 2007 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 19,604
Official SummaryHealth Equity and Accountability Act of 2007 - Amends the Public Health Service Act to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish the Robert T. Matsui Center for Cultural and Linguistic Competence in Health Care.Provides for health care workforce diversity activities, i
Official SummaryHealth Equity and Accountability Act of 2007 - Amends the Public Health Service Act to require the Secretary of Health and Human Services to establish the Robert T. Matsui Center for Cultural and Linguistic Competence in Health Care.Provides for health care workforce diversity activities, including the establishment of:
(1) a technical clearinghouse on health workforce diversity; and
(2) Regional Minority Centers of Excellence Programs.Requires health-related programs of the Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to collect data on race, ethnicity, and primary language.Directs each federal health agency to implement a strategic plan to eliminate disparities and improve the health and health care of minority populations. Requires the Secretary to establish:
(1) an Office of Health Disparities within the Office of Civil Rights; and
(2) civil rights compliance offices in each HHS agency that administers health programs.Reestablishes the Indian Health Service as an agency within the Public Health Service of HHS to be administered by an Assistant Secretary of Indian Health.Requires the establishment of an Office of Minority Health within specified agencies.Directs the President to execute, administer, and enforce provisions to address environmental justice in minority and low-income populations. Provides for the establishment of health empowerment zone programs in communities that disproportionately experience disparities in health status and health care.Requires the Secretary to designate centers of excellence at public hospitals and other health systems that demonstrate excellence in providing care to minority populations and reducing health disparities.Makes immigrants from certain U.S. territories and possessions eligible for specified federal programs.Requires the Secretary to expand the Minority HIV/AIDS Initiative.Provides for grants for strategies to eliminate racial and ethnic health and health care disparities.Requires the Secretary to establish the Rural Health Quality Advisory Commission.
...Read the Rest