H.R.4529 - Roadmap for America's Future Act of 2010
To provide for the reform of health care, the Social Security system, the tax code for individuals and business, job training, and the budget process. view all titles (8)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To provide for the reform of health care, the Social Security system, the tax code for individuals and business, job training, and the budget process. as introduced.
- Short: Competitive American Business Tax as introduced.
- Short: Independent Health Record Trust Act of 2008 as introduced.
- Short: Job Training Results Act of 2010 as introduced.
- Short: Social Security Personal Savings Guarantee and Prosperity Act of 2010 as introduced.
- Short: Spending Enforcement and Control Act of 2010 as introduced.
- Short: Taxpayer Choice Act as introduced.
- Short: Roadmap for America's Future Act of 2010 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 19,951
OpenCongress SummaryThis is comprehensive legislation containing a wide range of Republican policy priorities. It would reform the heath care system by offering tax credits for individuals buying insurance, allowing insurers to sell across state lines, creating state-based exchanges, eliminating the State Children's Health Insurance Program (S-CHIP) and turning Medicare into a voucher program for purchasing private insurance. It would also essentially privatize Social Security.
Additionally, the bill would eliminate corporate income taxes, eliminate all taxes on capital gains, do away with the Alternative Minimum Tax altogether, and create a new income tax rate with only two brackets. Individuals earning above $50,000 annually would pay 250% more in taxes than those making less than $50,000. All unspent stimulus money from the passage of H.R.1 would be rescinded, and it includes a spending freeze similar to what President Obama has proposed.
The non-partisan Congressional Budget Office has more detailed information on the bill here (.pdf).
Official SummaryRoadmap for America's Future Act of 2010 - Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish a system of state-based health care exchanges to: (1) facilitate the individual purchase of innovative private health insurance; and (2) create a market where private health
Official SummaryRoadmap for America's Future Act of 2010 - Directs the Secretary of Health and Human Services (HHS) to establish a system of state-based health care exchanges to:
(1) facilitate the individual purchase of innovative private health insurance; and
(2) create a market where private health plans compete for enrollees based on price and quality. Amends the Internal Revenue Code to allow a tax credit for certain health insurance coverage. Increases the monthly contribution limit for health savings accounts. Amends the Public Health Service Act (PHSA) with respect to individual health insurance coverage. Amends the Employee Retirement Security Income Act of 1974 (ERISA) with respect to rules governing association health plans. Establishes a Health Care Services Commission, including an Office of the Forum for Quality and Effectiveness in Health Care, to conduct and support research, demonstration projects, and dissemination of information on health care services and delivery systems. Independent Health Record Trust Act of 2008 - Prescribes requirements for establishment of a nationwide health information technology via independent health record trusts (IHRTs). Amends title XIX (Medicaid) of the Social Security Act (SSA) to restructure the Medicaid program into a program of grants to states for:
(1) acute care for individuals with disabilities and certain low-income individuals;
(2) long-term care (LTC) services and supports;
(3) survey and certification of medical facilities;
(4) program integrity; and
(5) administration. Repeals SSA title XXI (State Children's Health Insurance Program) (CHIP, formerly known as SCHIP). Amends the PHSA to direct the Secretary to supplement the costs of private health insurance for eligible low-income families through the distribution of supplemental debit cards. Amends SSA title XVIII (Medicare) to establish a separate program for new Medicare beneficiaries beginning in 2021. Prescribes a formula for increasing the Medicare eligibility age as of January 1, 2021. Consolidates the Federal Hospital Insurance Trust Fund and the Federal Supplementary Medical Insurance Trust Fund into a unified Medicare trust fund. Amends SSA title XVIII part D (Prescription Drug Program) to prescribe a formula for reducing the part D premium subsidy based on income. Revises other Medicare features, reducing hospital market basket increases, eliminating the indexing of income thresholds for part B income-related premiums, and prescribing a procedure for addressing excess general revenue Medicare funding. Prescribes requirements for speedy resolution of medical liability claims and compensation of patient injuries. Amends the PHSA to authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to states for alternatives to current tort litigation in the resolution of disputes concerning injuries allegedly caused by health care providers or health care organizations. Social Security Personal Savings Guarantee and Prosperity Act of 2010 - Amends SSA title II (Old Age, Survivors and Disability Insurance) (OASDI) to establish a Social Security Personal Savings Fund and a Self-Liquidating Social Security Transition Fund as parts of a new Personal Social Security Savings Program. Prescribes requirements for investment of Personal Social Security Savings Accounts. Establishes in the executive branch a Personal Social Security Savings Board. Requires the phase-in of the normal retirement age to age 67 by 2021. Taxpayer Choice Act - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) repeal the alternative minimum tax (AMT) for noncorporate (individual) taxpayers after 2010;
(2) allow taxpayers to elect an alternative income tax system; and
(3) exclude from gross income all net capital gains, qualified dividends, and interest. Repeals estate and gift taxes. Competitive American Business Tax - Amends the Internal Revenue Code to:
(1) repeal the corporate income tax; and
(2) impose a new business consumption tax on the sale of goods and services in the United States by corporations and other businesses, with specified exceptions. Prescribes income deductions and taxes on property and on the importation of services. Job Training Results Act of 2010 - Amends the Workforce Investment Act of 1998 to prescribe requirements for ensuring accountability and job training results in federal job training programs. Replaces Work Flexibility Plans with Job Training Improvement Plans. Spending Enforcement and Control Act of 2010 - Amends the Balanced Budget and Emergency Deficit Control Act of 1985 (Gramm-Rudman-Hollings Act) to:
(1) establish new discretionary spending limits for FY2011-FY2019 as well as total spending limits for FY2011-FY2083; and
(2) prescribe administrative and legislative procedures for spending reduction orders. Amends the Congressional Budget Act of 1974 and other federal law with respect to long-term budgeting, spending limits enforcement, five-year fiscal sustainability reviews, and long-term budget reconciliation (including points of order against long-term spending increases beyond a specified level).
...Read the Rest