H.R.5879 - Protect our Prairies Act
To amend the Federal Crop Insurance Act to modify the ineligibility requirements for producers that produce an annual crop on native sod, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To amend the Federal Crop Insurance Act to modify the ineligibility requirements for producers that produce an annual crop on native sod, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Protect our Prairies Act as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 4
- All-Time: 1,019
Official SummaryProtect our Prairies Act - Amends the Federal Crop Insurance Act to reduce crop insurance assistance and noninsured crop disaster assistance for crops grown on native sod acreage converted to cropland for the first four years.
Organizations Supporting H.R.5879
- National Farmers Union
- National Sustainable Agriculture Coalition
- Pheasants Forever
- Theodore Roosevelt Conservation Partnership
- Ducks Unlimited
- National Association of Conservation Districts
- ...and 53 more. See all.
Organizations Opposing H.R.5879
- None via MapLight at this time.