H.R.5887 - Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012
To authorize appropriations for the Coast Guard for fiscal years 2013 through 2015, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To authorize appropriations for the Coast Guard for fiscal years 2013 through 2015, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Coast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 1,738
Official SummaryCoast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012 - Authorizes FY2013-FY2015 appropriations for the Coast Guard for: (1) operation and maintenance; (2) acquisition, construction, rebuilding, and improvement of aids to navigation, shore and offshore facilities, vessels, aircraft, and relat
Official SummaryCoast Guard and Maritime Transportation Act of 2012 - Authorizes FY2013-FY2015 appropriations for the Coast Guard for:
(1) operation and maintenance;
(2) acquisition, construction, rebuilding, and improvement of aids to navigation, shore and offshore facilities, vessels, aircraft, and related equipment;
(3) the Coast Guard Reserve program;
(4) environmental compliance and restoration of vessels, aircraft, and facilities; and
(5) the Commandant of the Coast Guard for research, development, test, and evaluation of technologies, materials, and human factors directly related to search and rescue, aids to navigation, marine safety, marine environmental protection, enforcement of laws and treaties, ice operations, oceanographic research, and defense readiness. Authorizes, for each such fiscal year, end-of-year strength for active duty personnel of 47,000 and specified average military training student loads. Requires the Secretary of the department in which the Coast Guard is operating to convene a special selection board if an administrative error results in an officer or former officer:
(1) not being considered for selection for promotion by a selection board, or
(2) not being placed on an all-fully-qualified-officers list. Authorizes the Secretary to also convene such a special selection board for an officer or former officer considered but not selected for promotion if the selection board:
(1) acted contrary to law in a matter material to the decision or with the involvement of material factual or administrative error, or
(2) did not have material information before it for consideration. Authorizes judicial review of:
(1) a decision of the Secretary not to convene a special selection board, and
(2) an action of a special selection board. Prohibits the Secretary from authorizing certain involuntary administrative separations for Coast Guard members based on medical conditions considered by the Physical Evaluation Board during an evaluation resulting in the individual being determined fit for duty. Directs the Commandant to submit to Congress an annual capital investment plan for the Coast Guard for each capital asset for which appropriations are proposed in the President's annual budget. Postpones certification requirements for certain fishing vessels built after a specified date to one year after the Secretary publishes the definition of the term \"built\" in the Federal Register. Directs the Commandant to maintain the schedule and requirements for the total acquisition of 180 boats specified in the approved program of record for the Response Boat-Medium acquisition program in effect on June 1, 2012, until the Commandant submits to Congress the documentation required to justify the acquisition of less boats. Directs the Secretary to report to Congress with a business-case analysis of the options for and costs of reactivating and extending the service life of the Coast Guard cutter Polar Sea until the estimated date on which a new polar-class icebreaker is commissioned.
...Read the Rest