H.R.6401 - Renewable Energy Jobs and Security Act
To spur rapid and sustainable growth in renewable electricity generation in the United States through priority interconnection, renewable energy payments, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: To spur rapid and sustainable growth in renewable electricity generation in the United States through priority interconnection, renewable energy payments, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Renewable Energy Jobs and Security Act as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 5
- Past Seven Days: 10
- All-Time: 5,276
Official SummaryRenewable Energy Jobs and Security Act - Amends the Federal Power Act to direct the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to propose rules establishing standards for the physical connection between specified types of renewable energy facilities and transmission facilities of transmitt
Official SummaryRenewable Energy Jobs and Security Act - Amends the Federal Power Act to direct the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) to propose rules establishing standards for the physical connection between specified types of renewable energy facilities and transmission facilities of transmitting utilities subject to FERC jurisdiction. Requires such standards to:
(1) include separate expedited procedures for interconnecting 10-kilowatt maximum renewable energy facilities and for expediting interconnection for 2000-kilowatt maximum facilities; and
(2) address safety, reliability, performance, cost, and network upgrades. Allows FERC to consider a clustering approach that allows concurrent interconnection of facilities where requests are placed within succeeding six-month periods.Amends the the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to require each electric utility to:
(1) adopt standards for interconnection with renewable energy facilities as are necessary to ensure that renewable energy facilities are given priority interconnection and priority access to available capacity on the utility's transmission and distribution system over non-renewable energy facilities; and
(2) permit any renewable energy facility to apply to the state regulatory authority for an order requiring the interconnection of such facility with the system of the utility.Requires the Secretary of Energy to transmit to Congress and to the Commission a report that spatially maps national renewable energy resources and conducts cost assessments for renewable energy facility development with respect to all available technologies.Requires FERC to prescribe rules to encourage the purchase of electric energy by public utilities from renewable energy facilities on a priority basis, under a standard contract, and at rates established on a uniform national basis by FERC. Provides procedures for the setting and adjusting of such rates and for application of net metering.Requires reports concerning interconnection of renewable energy facilities by utilities to the Energy Information Administration and by the Secretary to Congress and the public.Requires FERC to design a regional cost redistribution mechanism consisting of a system benefits charge payable by every end-use consumer of an electric utility to the utility, to be transferred to a national renewable energy corporation for reimbursement of the costs associated with this Act's interconnection and power purchase requirements.
...Read the Rest