S.1140 - Gulf Coast Restoration Act
A bill to provide for restoration of the coastal areas of the Gulf of Mexico affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to provide for restoration of the coastal areas of the Gulf of Mexico affected by the Deepwater Horizon oil spill, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Gulf Coast Restoration Act as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 1
- All-Time: 1,158
Official SummaryGulf Coast Restoration Act - Establishes the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Task Force, which shall: (1) consult with, and provide recommendations to, the Chair of the Task Force regarding approval of State Coastal Ecosystem Restoration Plans submitted by the governors of Alabama, Florida
Official SummaryGulf Coast Restoration Act - Establishes the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Task Force, which shall:
(1) consult with, and provide recommendations to, the Chair of the Task Force regarding approval of State Coastal Ecosystem Restoration Plans submitted by the governors of Alabama, Florida, Louisiana, and Mississippi, providing for restoration activities the Gulf Coast ecosystem adversely impacted by the blowout and explosion of the mobile offshore drilling unit Deepwater Horizon on April 20, 2010;
(2) coordinate scientific and other research associated with restoration of such ecosystem; and
(3) submit an annual report to Congress that summarizes the Plans approved by the Chair. Establishes in the Treasury the Gulf Coast Ecosystem Restoration Fund. Directs the Secretary of the Treasury to deposit into the Fund sums equal to not less than 80% of any amounts collected by the United States as penalties, settlements, or fines under the Federal Water Pollution Control Act (commonly known as the Clean Water Act) in relation to the Deepwater Horizon explosion and resulting hydrocarbon releases into the environment. Makes the Fund available for the conservation, protection, and restoration of the Gulf Coast ecosystem in accordance with approved Plans. Requires the governors of such states to:
(1) submit a Plan to the Chair by July 1, 2012; and
(2) solicit local input and provide for public participation in the development of the Plan. Requires the Chair to disburse amounts from such Fund to such a state for which the Chair has approved a Plan only for:
(1) projects and activities for the conservation, protection, or restoration of coastal areas, including wetlands;
(2) mitigation of damage to fish, wildlife, or natural resources;
(3) planning assistance and the administrative costs of complying with this Act; and/or
(4) implementation of a federally approved marine, coastal, or comprehensive conservation management plan.
...Read the Rest
Latest Letters to Congress
S.1140 Gulf Coast Restoration Act
August 05, 2012
I am writing as your constituent in the 3rd Congressional district of West Virginia. I support S.1140 - Gulf Coast Restoration Act, and am tracking it using OpenCongress.org, the free public resource website for government transparency and accountability.
This bill has been assigned to the Senate Commerce, Science, and Transportation committee.
100% of users on OpenCongress.org, a free, non-partisan resource, support S.1140.