S.1283 - Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2014
An original bill making appropriations for the Legislative Branch for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Short: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2014 as introduced.
- Official: An original bill making appropriations for the Legislative Branch for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2014, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2014 as reported to senate.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 3
- All-Time: 493
Official SummaryLegislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2014 - Title I: Legislative Branch Appropriations - Makes appropriations to the Senate for FY2014 for: (1) a payment to Bonnie Englebardt Lautenberg, widow of Frank R. Lautenberg, late a Senator from New Jersey; (2) expense allowances; (3) representati
Official SummaryLegislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2014 - Title I: Legislative Branch Appropriations - Makes appropriations to the Senate for FY2014 for:
(1) a payment to Bonnie Englebardt Lautenberg, widow of Frank R. Lautenberg, late a Senator from New Jersey;
(2) expense allowances;
(3) representation allowances for the Majority and Minority Leaders;
(4) salaries of specified officers, employees, and committees (including the Committee on Appropriations);
(5) agency contributions for employee benefits;
(6) inquiries and investigations;
(7) the U.S. Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control;
(8) the Offices of the Secretary and of the Sergeant at Arms and Doorkeeper of the Senate;
(9) miscellaneous items;
(10) the Senators' Official Personnel and Office Expense Account; and
(11) official mail costs.
(Sec. 1)Makes balances of expired appropriations, subject to disbursement by the Secretary of the Senate, available to the Secretary for the mandatory deposit to the credit of the Employees' Compensation Fund. Makes appropriations for salaries and/or expenses of:
(1) the Joint Economic Committee,
(2) the Joint Committee on Taxation,
(3) the Office of the Attending Physician,
(4) the Office of Congressional Accessibility Services,
(5) the Capitol Police,
(6) the Office of Compliance,
(7) the Congressional Budget Office (CBO), and
(8) the Architect of the Capitol (AOC).
(Sec. 1002)Makes balances of expired U.S. Capitol Police appropriations available to the Capitol Police for the mandatory deposit to the credit of the Employees' Compensation Fund.
(Sec. 1101)Amends the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2009 to extend indefinitely the AOC program for the collection and the sale of certain recyclable materials collected from or on the Capitol buildings and grounds. Appropriates funds for:
(1) the Library of Congress for salaries and expenses, the Copyright Office, Congressional Research Service (CRS), and Books for the Blind and Physically Handicapped;
(2) the Government Printing Office (GPO);
(3) GPO for the Office of Superintendent of Documents;
(4) a payment to the Government Printing Office Revolving Fund;
(5) the Government Accountability Office (GAO);
(6) a payment to the Open World Leadership Center Trust Fund; and
(7) a payment to the John C. Stennis Center for Public Service Development Trust Fund.
(Sec. 1201)Establishes an upper limit of $185.579 million for the FY2014 obligational authority of the Library of Congress with regard to certain reimbursable and revolving fund activities. Authorizes the Librarian of Congress to transfer temporarily up to $1.9 million of funds appropriated in this Act for Library of Congress salaries and expenses to the revolving fund for the FEDLINK Program and the Federal Research Program.
(Sec. 1202)Authorizes the transfer of Library of Congress appropriations for FY2014 and each ensuing fiscal between any \"Library of Congress\" headings, upon the approval of congressional appropriations committees. Limits such transfers to 10% of the total amount of funds appropriated to the account under any such heading for the fiscal year.
(Sec. 1301)Authorizes the Comptroller General to:
(1) charge and collect fees for the filing of protests concerning alleged violations of a procurement statute or regulation in order to cover the costs of developing, maintaining, and operating an electronic system for filing such protests; and
(2) retain and use such fees immediately and without fiscal year limitation for such purpose. Title II: General Provisions - Specifies authorized and prohibited uses of funds appropriated by this Act identical or similar to corresponding provisions of the Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2013.
(Sec. 207)Authorizes the AOC to maintain and improve the landscape features, excluding streets, in specified grassy areas of Washington, DC, SW.
(Sec. 209)Prohibits the use of funds made available to the AOC in this Act to eliminate or restrict guided tours of the U.S. Capitol led by congressional employees and interns. Allows temporary suspension or restriction of such tours for security or related reasons to the same extent as guided tours of the U.S. Capitol led by the AOC.
(Sec. 210)Authorizes the Librarian of Congress to transfer up to $6 million from funds provided for certain reimbursable and revolving fund activities to the Open World Leadership Center Trust Fund for use by the Open World Leadership Center to award grants annually to government or community organizations in the United States that seek to establish programs hosting nationals of eligible foreign states who are emerging political leaders. Authorizes the Board of Trustees of the Center to solicit, accept, and use donations to the Fund to reimburse such transferred funds.
...Read the Rest