S.2958 - American Energy Production Act of 2008
A bill to promote the energy security of the United States, and for other purposes. view all titles (3)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to promote the energy security of the United States, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: American Energy Production Act of 2008 as introduced.
- Short: Clean Coal-Derived Fuels for Energy Security Act of 2008 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 2
- Past Seven Days: 2
- All-Time: 17,758
Official SummaryAmerican Energy Production Act of 2008 - Amends the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to permit projected lines of states adjacent to the subsoil and seabed of the outer Continental Shelf to be used for oil and gas preleasing and leasing activities. Authorizes the governor of a state with a
Official SummaryAmerican Energy Production Act of 2008 - Amends the Outer Continental Shelf Lands Act to permit projected lines of states adjacent to the subsoil and seabed of the outer Continental Shelf to be used for oil and gas preleasing and leasing activities. Authorizes the governor of a state with a new producing area within the offshore administrative boundaries beyond the submerged land of the state to petition the Secretary of Energy requesting that the Secretary make new producing areas available for oil and gas leasing.Provides for disposition of outer Continental Shelf revenues from new producing areas to the Treasury and to new producing states and coastal political subdivisions.Sets forth a lease sales program for oil and gas development within the Coastal Plain located on a certain map entitled \"Arctic National Wildlife Refuge.\" Prescribes environmental protection procedures for the Coastal Plain.Requires the State of Alaska to establish in is state treasury the \"Coastal Plain Local Government Impact Aid Assistance Fund,\" to assist designated Alaska entities impacted by the oil and gas exploration and production.Prohibits exportation of oil or gas produced under this Act. Prescribes a refinery permitting process.Suspends petroleum acquisition for the Strategic Petroleum Reserve.Amends the Clean Air Act to include renewable biomass within its purview.Sets forth an advanced battery manufacturing incentive program.Instructs the Assistant Administrator of the Office of Research and Development of the Environmental Protection Agency to implement a research and development program for adding materials to biofuels to make the biofuels more compatible with infrastructure used to store and deliver petroleum-based fuels.Instructs the Secretary of Energy to study and report to Congress on:
(1) the feasibility of increasing consumption in the United States of ethanol-blended gasoline with specified levels of ethanol; and
(2) specified diesel vehicle attributes.Clean Coal-Derived Fuels for Energy Security Act of 2008 - Directs the President to promulgate regulations to ensure that covered fuel introduced into commerce in the United States on an annual average basis contains a specified volume and percentage of clean coal-derived fuel. Grants a temporary exemption to small refineries.Amends the Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2008 to repeal the proscription against final regulations for commercial oil shale leasing program on public land.Amends the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 to repeal the proscription against federal agency contracts for procurement of alternative or synthetic fuel. Authorizes the Department of Defense to enter into multiyear contracts to purchase synthetic fuels.
...Read the Rest