S.3442 - Electric Vehicle Deployment Act of 2010
A bill to promote the deployment of plug-in electric drive vehicles, and for other purposes. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to promote the deployment of plug-in electric drive vehicles, and for other purposes. as introduced.
- Short: Electric Vehicle Deployment Act of 2010 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 1
- Past Seven Days: 6
- All-Time: 7,199
Official SummaryElectric Vehicle Deployment Act of 2010 - Establishes within the Department of Energy (DOE) a national electric drive vehicle deployment program. Directs the Secretary of Energy (Secretary) to: (1) develop a national plan for electric drive vehicle deployment; and (2) provide, upon local re
Official SummaryElectric Vehicle Deployment Act of 2010 - Establishes within the Department of Energy (DOE) a national electric drive vehicle deployment program. Directs the Secretary of Energy (Secretary) to:
(1) develop a national plan for electric drive vehicle deployment; and
(2) provide, upon local request, technical assistance to communities with the deployment of plug-in electric drive vehicles. Establishes a targeted plug-in electric drive vehicle deployment communities program. Amends the Internal Revenue Code with respect to the income tax credit for each new qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle placed in service during the taxable year. Allows a refundable personal credit for a qualified deployment community taxpayer. Extends the credit for modification of new qualified hybrid motor vehicles. Revises requirements for the alternative fuel vehicle refueling property credit. Allows a tax credit for qualified plug-in electric drive motor vehicle refueling property bonds. Amends the Energy Policy Act of 2005 to authorize the Secretary to make loan guarantees for certain charging infrastructure and networks of charging infrastructure for plug-in drive electric vehicles. Amends the Public Utility Regulatory Policies Act of 1978 to require each electric utility to develop a plan to support the use of plug-in electric drive vehicles in its service area. Declares electricity consumed by federal agencies to fuel plug-in electric drive vehicles an alternative fuel subject to federal fleet management reporting requirements. Directs the Administrator of General Services to acquire plug-in electric drive vehicles and the requisite charging infrastructure for deployment in the federal fleet. Directs the Secretary to establish:
(1) an Advanced Batteries for Tomorrow Prize to advance the research, development, demonstration, and commercial application of a 500-mile vehicle battery; and
(2) a program to fund research and development in advanced batteries, electric drive vehicle components, electric drive infrastructure, and other related technologies. Establishes in the Treasury the 500-mile Battery Fund. Directs the Secretary to:
(1) implement a research, development, and demonstration program pertaining to the secondary uses of vehicle batteries;
(2) provide grants for development of a secondary market for batteries; and
(3) study the recycling of materials from plug-in electric drive vehicles and their batteries. Directs the Secretary of the Interior to study and report to Congress on the supply of raw materials needed to manufacture such vehicles, batteries, and other related components, as well as the infrastructure needed to support them. Establishes a Plug-in Electric Drive Vehicle Technical Advisory Committee. Directs the President to establish a Plug-in Electric Drive Vehicle Interagency Task Force. Amends the Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 to direct the Secretary to guarantee loans to eligible entities for the aggregate purchase of at least 200 qualified automotive batteries in a calendar year with a total minimum power rating of 1 megawatt and advanced battery technology. Directs the Secretary to develop and publish:
(1) model building codes for the inclusion of charging infrastructure in new construction and major renovations of private residences, buildings, or other structures; and
(2) related model construction permitting or inspection processes, as well as model zoning, parking rules, or other local ordinances. Directs the Secretary to award grants to educational institutions and qualified training programs for vocational workforce development, through centers of excellence, of skills needed to maintain plug-in electric drive vehicles and associated infrastructure.
...Read the Rest
Organizations Supporting S.3442
- A123 Systems, Inc.
- Enterprise Holdings
- Bright Automotive
- Coulomb Technologies
- Johnson Controls
- ...and 12 more. See all.
Organizations Opposing S.3442
- Alliance of Automobile Manufacturers