S.3706 - Americans Want to Work Act

A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. view all titles (4)

• Official: A bill to extend unemployment insurance benefits and cut taxes for businesses to create hiring incentives, and for other purposes. as introduced.
  • Popular: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.
  • Short: Americans Want to Work Act as introduced.

Displaying 1921-1950 of 13010 total comments.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 8:54am

wah wah wah. nancy wanted the whole opencongress to herself and only who agrees with her. nobody else. nancy what happened to 1699 is its over. no unemployment extension. nailed shut this past january nearly 10 months ago. nothing new = nothing to talk about = no reason to post = nobody posting = only 4-5 people left that like to hear themselves talk. your still here doing the same thing. crazy = anyone who disagrees with nancy. nancy you are the crazy one. we will clean up this election – don’t worry.

TL3390 10/25/2010 9:09am

Nancy, I don’t want to align myself with anyone here. I’m just making the point that Sher1 posts rants that are insulting, partisan, and pretty ridiculous. What I can see, however, is that Sher1 can’t match the sheer volume of posts. Sometimes being succint and to-the-point is more effective that 6 boxes worth of messages.

I don’t think that anyone should be filtered, so I would complain just as loudly if Sher1 or Arlene were filtered as I did when I was filtered. The promise of a letter writing campaign to have him banned is clearly only going to throw more fuel on the fire, too.

FLarlene has called me crazy, uninformed, etc and I have never made one comment that attacked her on a personal level. So I don’t feel that bad that she’s getting a taste of her own medicine.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 10/26/2010 3:27am

does that surprise anyone – because shes ignorant and usually wrong on everything. makes sense she would make ignorant statements. someone disagrees with her so it must be me… what school taught her that logic? thats messed up.

jgallop 10/26/2010 5:54am

I believe you are correct!! The Republicans will take back the Senate and the House. I don’t know where that leaves the unemployed, hungry and homeless but just watch. People are tired of the reckless spending by Pelosi and her croonies.

satdog50 10/26/2010 10:20am

People are confused Republicans spend as much as democrats and have large government same old republicans games. We have to stop thinking or forgetting about the wars etc. If republicans get back in in the senate and house you can forget about any moving forward in this country or unemployment. The ploy on democrats from republicans have to stop. If you are an everyday worker and vote for these clowns to think an american living good paying job will come with these guys your dreaming. If this was the case what happened in the last administration standing for the everyday worker. American voters will be the cause of the next downfall unless they listen who is really talking for them or for the large corporations. American voters wise up for once!

That 10/26/2010 10:59am

@ satdog50 Ok, so the Dems are the majority now How is that working for you? How can anyone be so thick? Who do you think is in control? Dont give me the lame the GOP is blocking them excuse, Everyone knows if the dem,s wanted to pass it it would be a done deal

Abaratarrr 10/26/2010 2:42pm

care to ques what the unemployment rate was when the democrats took over? Remember they have had control of Washington 4 years now and the unemployment rate has doubled. Looking back I was mad as hell when bush would refuse to extend unemployment unless the rate was at 6.5% or higher, but he did extend it at least four times, every time it reached 6.5% (except when it was blocked by nancy pelosi) bush gave us more weeks, that is probably the only policy from the last administration that I would would have carried over to the Obama administration.

The unemployment rate was 4.7% when the dems took power, it is now what 9.7? plus the millions that are no longer counted as unemployed.

No one in Washington represents us, they all need to be fired, Everyone that did not vote for a tier five needs to loose their job, that means everyone in the house and in the senate regardless of party.

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:31am

deface government public property – what in the hell lady you are truly mentally ill omg… anyone else find flarlene odd? what in the hell are you talking about deface? and what is government public property? do the people control the government or does the government (your government) control the people? hey flarlene – don’t deface my free speech and the constitution of which you obviously aren’t too familiar with. are you from north korea?

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:35am

no board was destroyed by me… what happened if your too dense to realize is that nobody is buying obama/reid/pelosis BS about actually caring for the unemployed since over the past 11 months they’ve done NOTHING but talk to help us. talk is cheap. we are tired of it. we are getting further behind. your upset because the other board has no activity anymore – it’s because there’s nothing left to talk about – no other extensions are even in the makes for real, it’s just talk. so most of us realized time to move on with our lifes and stop listening/buying into the “we care so much and are working to get the extension” if you recall…

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:38am

all the way back into february on the other 1699 thing we kept hearing from people like you reposting the democrats saying were guna stay up all night till we pass this or we wont let those gosh darn republicans keep you poor unemployed people from feeding your family. no the truth is ried could have passed it they had the majority, but he didn’t he played with you all, lied to us all, and left us in the dark. now he’s too busy doing damage control. last week he said “but for me it would be a worldwide depression” which confirms 1 he is insane 2 he is a idiot 3 he is unfit and never served us 4 he hasn’t done anything helpful 5 he is very corrupt 6 he is full of himself 7 most of all he cares nothing about us unemployed people because he had plenty of opportunities to help and did nothing!

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:40am

so here we are now almost a year later. people like me told you don’t buy their bs – they don’t care about you and we will not get a extension. and here it is almost a year later and a very few people like you are still in denial and acuse me, 1 person of destroying the 1699 board – no lady… wake up and smell the coffee and reality, NOTHING IS BEING DONE TO HELP US CONCRETELY OR AT AN EMERGENCY PACE NOR HAS IT BEEN FOR A LONG TIME…. so there was nothing to talk about on that board as we all grew to realize all except for you nancy and 2-3 others… that is why that post is DEAD, not me.

• FLarlene 10/25/2010 12:03am

How to contact OC:
    To submit a tip, recommend a link, or suggest a topic to cover on our Blog, write to:

• Donny Shaw, Lead Blogger for OpenCongress and Outreach Coordinator for the Participatory Politics Foundation:
    • E-mail: donny@opencongress.org.
    • OpenCongress Profile: About donnyshaw, his Tracked Items, his Recent Actions, and his Political Notebook.
    • Social Networking: Facebook Group, our Facebook App, more to come
    • David Moore, Executive Director, Participatory Politics Foundation
    • E-mail (preferred): drm@ppolitics.org
    • AIM / Jabber / Skype: davidmooreppf
    • IRC: #opencongress on freenode.net
      Mailing Address:

OpenCongress c/o PPF
    Attn: David Moore
    220 Lafayette St. #2
    New York, NY 10012
    writeus@opencongress.org

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:44am

you know what would be nice is if sher and arlene would get as outraged as they are with me just posting here as they should be with unemployment benefits and job creation. i wish these hypocrites would direct their energy where it matters like calling ried/pelosi/our elected officials to demand attention to important things… instead as you can see they would rather sit on here post day and night and accuse people they disagree with of high treason or crimes against humanity. good grief now wonder we are in this situation. wtf do you do with all your time especially you arlene?

• jgallop 10/25/2010 1:50am

• rosebud 10/25/2010 3:59am

That was wonderful that 60 Minutes did that piece. Hopefully it will keep the long term unemployment situation in the news. I should think it will be prominent in the news up till election, but for all the wrong reasons. The woman I think it was at the end when asked if she ever expected to get her old life style back, and tearfully answered no, it would never be like that again, given her age.

Hopefully things start to improve for all of us. Hopefully we all become inspired to find work or become self employed. That little inspirational voice in our head that leads us to a job opportunity that we didn’t see before. Something.

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 4:47am

unfortunately that piece on 60 minutes didn’t really help us. if you read the public response to the piece there were people more outraged that a person was admitting to being a shop o haulic and now learning the hard way to not “spend too much.” the focus of the story should have never included details like that it should have been black and white – people are struggling because of poor economic policies, greed, and corruption and they need more jobs and benefits NOW/YESTERDAY!!! but they aren’t getting the help they need… leave those details out about how a person used to buy purses like crazy or go on tons of vacations and now can’t or used to make 200k but now has to accept a 20k year job… that’s NOT what it’s about – it’s about policies, jobs, and benefits NOW. nothing more/nothing less.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 5:11am

you are the bully. and this is NOT a government website good grief. keep bothering them because i hope they ban you from here because you bully people that you don’t agree with whether they are right or wrong. you are insane. and defecate? lol

TL3390 10/25/2010 5:20am

This isn’t a government-run website. It’s a website about the government. Nobody has any more or less of a right to be here than anyone else. FLarlene, why don’t you create a liberal blog whereby you can decide who gets to post and you can oversee all of the comments?

n0bama4me seems to be as passionate about the failings of the current administration as Sher1 is about the failings of the previous administration. At least n0bama4me isn’t recruiting the unemployed to work for Republican phone banks for the elections.

Filtered Comment [ show ]

HopefromCA 10/25/2010 5:19am

nObama4me
    Didn’t you watch the whole program about the unemployed on 60 minutes? You are only focusing on one of part of it. Most of them were educated, had used up thier 401k or IRA savings, didn’t expect it to be so hard to find another job, and some are even losing everything including their homes.

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 5:24am

yeah that part about educated people was good but what i know from experience is when you include details like what people used to get paid or their previous spending habits a lot of people were saying boo hoo and good like now they have to spend right… when that’s not what the focus should have been. i just wish they kept it plain and simple. people had jobs, wanted to work, and now they don’t and something needs to be done yesterday about it all, but is not. good point though about the 401k and education. i was upset when obama started saying retraining. what do those of us do that have more than 1 degree, get 10? then what? more college = more loan debt. what does this guy expect us to do? lol

jgallop 10/25/2010 5:31am

At least they(60 minutes) took the time to put the 99’ers out there. It could have been put out better like the middle class that are now in shelters or living in tents, cars etc. These were educated people making three digit salaries and came across as if I can’t make what I made before I’ll lose my home and have to spend my kid’s college fund,( who has a college fund ?)

HopefromCA 10/25/2010 6:07am

Also one of them used their savings to buy a business and even that business is not bringing in enough income to pay the bills so that tells me that people have simply put away their wallets and are not going to bring out the wallets again until they actually see their family members or friends start getting hired again. I think no one trustes the media anymore when they say the economy is improving. Action speaks much louder than just words.

nancym 10/25/2010 8:16am

Agreed, but I think their main point was that if all these educated people in Silicon Valley can’t find a job, then there really is something terribly wrong with our economy.

n0bama4me 10/25/2010 8:22am

see thats whats stupid too… “then there is something terribly wrong” see i was saying this a long time ago and people like me get called names and bullied by people like sher1 and flarline until even they can’t deny it anymore. then 60 minutes does a piece 2 years later finally admitting “something is terribly wrong”???? what? we knew that already. in fact we been saying what CAN be done to reverse it or fit it ffs.

Filtered Comment [ show ]