S.915 - American Health Security Act of 2011
A bill to provide for health care for every American and to control the cost and enhance the quality of the health care system. view all titles (2)
All Bill Titles
- Official: A bill to provide for health care for every American and to control the cost and enhance the quality of the health care system. as introduced.
- Short: American Health Security Act of 2011 as introduced.
This Bill currently has no wiki content. If you would like to create a wiki entry for this bill, please Login, and then select the wiki tab to create it.
- Today: 3
- Past Seven Days: 10
- All-Time: 6,826
Official SummaryAmerican Health Security Act of 2011 - Establishes the State-Based American Health Security Program to provide every U.S. resident who is a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful resident alien with health care services. Requires each participating state to establish a state health security prog
Official SummaryAmerican Health Security Act of 2011 - Establishes the State-Based American Health Security Program to provide every U.S. resident who is a U.S. citizen, national, or lawful resident alien with health care services. Requires each participating state to establish a state health security program. Eliminates benefits under:
(1) titles XVIII (Medicare), XIX (Medicaid), and XXI (Children's Health Insurance) (CHIP, formerly known as SCHIP) of the Social Security Act;
(2) the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program; and
(3) TRICARE. Repeals provisions of the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA) related to health insurance coverage, including provisions concerning state health insurance exchanges. Requires each state health security program to prohibit the sale of health insurance in that state that duplicates benefits provided under the program. Establishes the American Health Security Standards Board to:
(1) develop policies, procedures, guidelines and requirements to carry out this Act;
(2) establish uniform reporting requirements and quality performance standards;
(3) provide for an American Health Security Advisory Council; and
(4) establish a national health security budget specifying the total federal and state expenditures to be made for covered health care services. Establishes the American Health Security Quality Council to:
(1) review and evaluate practice guidelines, standards of quality, performance measures, and medical review criteria; and
(2) develop minimum competence criteria. Creates the Center for American Health Security Innovation to accelerate the implementation of new models of care that would improve patient care, improve population health, and lower costs. Establishes the Office of Primary Care and Prevention Research within the Office of the Director of the National Institutes of Health (NIH). Creates the American Health Security Trust Fund and appropriates to it specified tax liabilities and current health program receipts, including premium assistance credits under PPACA.
...Read the Rest
Latest Letters to Congress
S.915 American Health Security Act of 2011
September 28, 2011
I am writing as your constituent in the 4th Congressional district of Tennessee. I support S.915 - American Health Security Act of 2011, and am tracking it using OpenCongress.org, the free public resource website for government transparency and accountability.
I support this bill because i think that everyone deserves the right to helth care no matter if they can not offord it. this bill will give the retired citizens health care in which otherwise could not offord it.