Former Sen. Max Baucus

Democrat  •  Montana 7 Terms  •  Sworn In 1978
Last Term 2009 - 2014 View All

Anonymous 02/13/2008 11:27am

Those who vote for unconstitutional warrentless wiretaps and vote to protect the criminals that violate our privacy are not worthy of the position they hold. It’s impossible to justify undermining the very essence of our constitution in order to protect it. Another sell out.

MTPatriot 09/16/2009 11:04pm
in reply to middleclassman Sep 16, 2009 4:02pm

Hear hear! I could not agree more. I think you touched on the most important point in your comment. He is more concerned with lining his pockets. He already made the statement that he will not run again. Meaning he is going to do the most damage he can in the years he has left.

I do not discount the good things he has done for Montana in the years past, but he has completely lost touch in recent years. The man rarely comes back to Montana to speak to his constituency. He does not vote the way Montanan’s feel about the issues and has all but gone rogue on us.

slk2355 04/19/2009 7:22am

Max is the Senator from Montana, not for Montana just from Montana.
Jim

henhousefox 10/07/2009 9:25am

Welllllllll, so much for transparency…now you dirt balls are working deals behind closed doors regarding this universal health care initiative. Oh my, what a surprise. Hope the door hits you in the ass during your re-election campaign.

fortermlimits 10/29/2009 6:30pm

Let’s get rid of this guy!!! Come Montana, we can do this!!!

irisheyes2c 12/05/2009 12:08pm

Next election, I won’t be voting along party lines I’ll base my vote on honesty and trustworthiness. Democrat/Liberal, Republican/Conservative or Independents/Moderates don’t mean a whole lot right now. Too bad we cannot put a big fence with bars around the Capitol Building. They are all a bunch of corrupt, lying sacks of excrement and should be behind bars and serving prison sentences.

PolicyOgre 07/27/2010 11:29am

Keep on kickin ass

Homebuilt7 12/28/2009 7:53am

Way to go Max, Ted Kennedy would be proud of the post-happy-hour lecture you gave the Senate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M5Y9X5ggxzA
CHEERS!

desertlife4me 06/26/2009 7:00pm

hope you are paying attention to the people that voted you in voting in favor of h.r.2454 will make the resedents of montana remove you and putt some one there that wants to do the will of the people.represent the constitution & the bill of rights or step down

MTPatriot 03/09/2009 3:19pm

What in the world are you thinking!?! Taxing the employer contributions to health care…to pay for health care reform!?! How on God’s green earth does your fuzzy math for this one compute?

Let me see if I get this right. Not many of the low to middle class have health care at this present time. So in order to fix that “discrepancy” you are going to take away from the poor and middle class that currently have employer contributed health care by taxing this contribution!?! How is this not double taxation? I may as well ask for the money that my employer contributes towards my health care in the form of a raise. At least this way I am only losing a set % of my income to your terrible policies and ideas. Including the Insurance, Car manufacturers, and Bank bailouts. Shame on you Max. I know you lost your touch with Montanan’s a long time ago, but you have truly fallen off of the sugar beet truck this time.

MTPatriot 09/16/2009 10:56pm
in reply to slk2355 Apr 19, 2009 7:22am

You are correct in that statement slk. “Big Tax” Max has not been FOR Montana for a very long time. Just look at where his campaign contributions came from and the quantities thereof. Thank God he isn’t running for Senate again. Even if he did there is no way that Montanan voters would keep him in office.

Anonymous 02/19/2009 6:45pm

House Bill titled ‘HR 45, Blair Holt Licensing and Record Act of 2009’. Not another stabb at the law abiding citizen! Please, be kindly reminded of the Amendment II: A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed. Please be a staunch rejector to this bill and knock this one into space. I vote and watch this very carefully. We need to be going after the criminals and use the laws that are already in effect. Thankyou and remember: If we like our freedom, thank a Vet!

irisheyes2c 12/05/2009 12:08pm

I’ve been doing a great deal of research on all members of Congress. What I found out about Max Baucus is he gets a great deal of money from Lobbyist firms (ranked 3rd in the Senate) who represent Health Care industry. You can see the amount and the Lobbyist names here. http://www.opensecrets.org/lobby/lm_memsclients.php?id=N00004643

If our representatives are suppose to represent us, yet most seem to vote by the Lobbyist and special interest. I think they are all corrupt after years of servicing us. The pattern seems to be that the longer they remain in Congress the more likely they can be corrupted. They claim the healthcare industry is corrupt, yet they accepted their donations with no problem. At this point I would hope that all Americans stop voting these people back in, so they can continue to steal from us.

AntySocial 09/21/2009 7:15am

Max, After looking at your list of contributors, It becomes very clear why you are so against health insurance reform. You Sir are an Insurance whore and a Liar! How dare you deny the people you supposedly work for the healthcare they desperately need. How dare you fill your pockets with blood money while the poor die after your insurance companies deny them treatment. The biggest lie you spouted today was the “allowing people to buy insurance across state lines. You are an Idiot!!! Shopping for insurance? My policy is from Canada through my employer. That’s way across state lines ? That way you can still get your cut tax free? That does nothing to stop your bosses from denying coverage to the poor. SHAME ON YOU!
I intend to share your list of contributors with anyone that will listen. I hope you loose your health insurance for a preexisting condition, But then you will always be able to live on the residuals won’t you?

Spam Comment

pelmof 06/29/2010 5:31am

Dear Senator Baucus,

Erwi31 05/01/2009 7:04am

Why would this senator vote no on a bill that represents the american dream?

Its time to let this senator know that we will not vote them back into office come election time.

ssmithblueskies 03/11/2008 2:34pm

I agree One Thousand Percent. Why on Earth does no one care. ???? About Extending Unemployment benefits for the prior hard working who wish they were working, but no luck . !!!

Anonymous 04/09/2008 9:33am

Forget about bailing out corporations! HELP fellow AMERICAN CITIZENS – we may be losing our homes and paychecks but we WILL continue to vote… and we WILL remember who was compassionate to hard-working Americans who lost their jobs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anonymous 04/08/2008 11:26am

TWO CLASSES IN AMERICA NOW POOR AND RICH, KNEW IT WAS COMING!

Anonymous 05/22/2008 3:04am

Time is now to get the S.122 bill for the TRADE ADJUSTMENT ASSISTANCE PASSED. The service industry that the company I worked for was a testing company. Since we did not make the part only tested the part we fell under the service industry. Our jobs went to Mexico. I now am unemployeed and in need of training. This bill would allow us to get training for another type of employment. Help for us is despertly needed.

irisheyes2c 12/05/2009 12:18pm
in reply to chuckgriever Nov 22, 2009 1:32pm

Unfortunately, he was just re-elected in 2008, so his next re-election campaign won’t be until 2014. By then most people will not remember any of this, just like with Mary Landrieu. She accepted the $300 million because she is up for re-election in 2014. By then the public’s memories won’t remember any of this. She felt confident that the voters in Louisiana won’t remember what she did.

middleclassman 09/16/2009 4:02pm

Mr. Baucus, After months of work your proposal for heathcare reform is embarrassing. What were you and the other Senators doing all that time? Counting money from the insurance industry lobyists? This is insulting to every American but mostly to the people of your state who elected you to represent them. Your own party doesn’t support this and the fact that you are the only name on the Bill should indicate how off base you are with this. You are a perfect example of why Americans don’t trust government, don’t want government involved in things they are not qualified to handle, and continually are disappointed in the work gevernment is doing. Do you realize you are hurting people in order to fill your own pockets. It’s disgraceful and you along with many other politicians by your incompetance is stiring a nation and I hope it prompts people that would normally not vote to come ouot in droves in 2010. Think about the legacy you are creating!

Spam Comment

sarabialb 09/30/2009 5:10am

Senator Baucus, you disappointed me yesterday on your vote against Public Option. I know that you have received $750,000 from the Insurance company to buy your vote. You need to represent the people of America, not the insurance company.

Mocha6 12/18/2010 6:18pm

Thanks for nothing…..why vote no on the dream act. Hope you are a native American because if not, your just cold hearted.

Jumpersaway 01/01/2013 4:56pm

Hey Max. Hopefully your following your contemporaries lead from Alaska and voting to rescind the pay raise that the President just approved for the house and the senate, because if your job as well as the rest of congress was truly performance based, you guys should return a good portion of your salaries to the American people and do your part to reduce the national deficit.

GunnyG 10/13/2009 10:19am

WHO VOTED FOR THIS IDIOT IN MONTANA? Have Kaulifornia libs invaded Montana?

Spam Comment