Sen. John Isakson

Republican  •  Georgia  •  2nd Term  •  Sworn In 2005
Current Term 2011 - 2017 View All

Slugger 01/21/2010 9:55am

I Hope we can find somebody to Replace Both Senators in GA. Their voting record Stinks.I want People to live by The Constitution and OUR Bill of Rights.
The Bribes and Back room Deals are making me SICK.They ALL need to Remember this.
The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemean

Spam Comment

merlin428 08/20/2009 4:46pm

Molōn labe! If HR 45 makes it to the Senate I FULLY EXPECT you to help stop it.

mja160 07/16/2010 11:40am

I am a republican but come november all the senators that held up this unemployment bill will not get my vote. I have been unemployed since 07/2009 I have applied to so many places that i have compiled a book of job searches of over 200 pages. for those who say just go to mcdonalds I have news for you I have and also have been turned down by them the only offer i did get was to work for 2 hours a week at 7.70 an hour. According to these places they have many people applying that they are only employing part time. I process medical claims. I do not care what job I get but I do need 40 hours not maybe just 2 a week. I have bills,medications that i have not been able to take. and now I am without a home. I was written back by this senator who turned around and blamed democrats stating the bill the republicans have is what he wants to vote for well senator, millions suffer and in november we will decide your fate. You think you can gain house control like this? Your plan will back fire.

Superpower 12/30/2010 5:43am

You’re a sellout and an EPIC FAILURE. You should retire or better yet, become a Democrat considering you vote like one.

Spam Comment

cateyes2010 06/24/2010 7:52pm

It’s real unfortunate that you would vote NO on the unemployment extension, when this state leads the nation in bank failures and foreclosures. You would think that you would try everything you could to stabilize the state’s economy. With you voting NO, that did not help in stabilizing this state’s economy. Do you care about the poor and unfortunate? No; only the Fortunate. Or, is it a people matter? Yes; you only care about yours (THE RICH). Georgia is not the United States of Georgia. It is a part of the United States of America and it is a melting pot of all people; poor, middle class, rich, black, brown, red, tan, and white. I just pray crime does not continue to go up and a civil war does not break out because of poverty in this state. What ever happen to the philosophy that Georgia represents Openness?

mja160 06/28/2010 3:07pm

I do not understand why is no one addressing the unemployment issue? specifically the extensions for unemployment. With millions now not able to support themselves how can you senator, find it in your heart to approve a bail out of the banks but nothing for the unemployed. I am a republican I never was on unemployment until now, I never had bad credit until now. I job search every day and when I do get interviewed they turn me down for the job not because I am not qualified but because I have bad credit How can I ever get a job? I have been unemployed since 07/2009. The people on unemployment are not lazy is that what you think? I am really disappointed in my party I cannot believe that now all of a sudden you are worried about the deficit? You did not worry to bail out those banks. You should be ashamed of yourself and you should realize that come november the people will remember this

Spam Comment

pelmof 06/29/2010 4:20am

Dear Senator Isakson,

Spam Comment

dsalvat1 07/01/2010 8:03am

Let’s hang upside American flags on both senator’s residences. They will not be there because they will be on vacation, spending our money.

wls1012 07/01/2010 8:51am

I am an unemployed voter and NO is what I will be voting for in November. Since that is the only vote you know how to cast.NO I will not be supporting you, because NO you don’t support me.I have never been ashamed to be an American until now.Yes ashamed.Our government has elected to fund 2 wars, without paying for it.Our government has elected to fund a bailout for banks, without paying for it.Our government has elected to fund a bailout for insurance companies, without paying for it.Now they have the opportunity to fund EMERGENCY Unemployment and they choose NO.I am sick to death about how the hard working people of this country are being treated.While you sit up in Washington and play politics, millions of unemployed are at home trying to figure out how they will feed, clothe, and put a roof over their families heads.Where is your heart Mr.Senator.What if it was your family being threatened with homelessness?I wonder would you let that happen.For my family that is what you are doing.

Nebulator 12/09/2009 2:01pm

GET CONSERVATIVE!!

stephie3629 03/16/2011 12:56pm
in reply to AnnaSchaefer Jun 20, 2010 11:12pm

you are absolutely clueless.

lazybum 06/30/2010 9:48pm

Sen.Isakson: You do realize that lawyers,ceo’s and special interest groups are not the only ones that have the right to vote in Nov. There are alot of unemployed voters who actualy voted for you last time. Maybe it’s time you found out what its like to be on unemployment.

C570482 07/04/2010 4:06pm

Dear Senator Isakson:

The above Comment was in error.

I am writing to implore you to vote for HR 5618, S 3551 or one of the other bills to restore emergency unemployment compensation.

It has been noted that in the past you have against for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits

As you know, The Congressional Budget Office estimates that every federal dollar invested in unemployment insurance assistance provides a return of $1.90 in economic activity.

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

sharibear 07/07/2010 5:06pm
in reply to C570482 Jul 04, 2010 4:06pm
klassylady25 03/25/2010 9:30am

You failed in voting for the bill today 25 Mar 10. Why? The American people want to know why?

Hera 01/30/2010 4:25am

Johnny is a RINO. Get rid of him. He votes for his interests and his friends and families interests in the Real Estate/mortgage business. Ever notice how this people become zillionaires after just six years as an Elected Spender? He voted to reaffirm the Fed. Chairman. Is that a Republican vote? We can get rid of him next year. But we have to have a real TeaPartyRepublican take his place. The problem with just voting out RINO’s is we could get something worse in the Democrat. I want them to STOP THE SPENDING, Protect my constitution and my country. I want them to create a internet meeting process so these Elected Spenders are forced to work INSIDE their STATE 90% of the time. There is no reason they need to be in DC all year. There is no reason we should be paying for all their travel and expenses. There are so many tax payer costs that could be cut if our Congress would care more about us then themselves. All they really want to do is keep their jobs.

Spam Comment

ltnorton 03/27/2009 10:26am

How dare you and Chambliss turn Commie and side with Obama, Pelozi, Reid, and bunch to vote for H.R. 1388! I’ve supported you every election, but you dare turn the electorate into SLAVES to do Obama’s bidding!!! I will work to rid the Senate of you and your “comradre in arms” to keep this country the home of the free and the brave.

So sad that we cannot trust the Republicans anymore to keep the country safe. First we are sold off to the Chinese, now we’re SLAVES to the Commies… THANKS! May I ask what’s next? This has been the worst couple of months in my life and to think someone I voted for played a part of it really stinks.

We will work to rid the Senate of you.

Spam Comment

Leftzilla 07/24/2013 12:37pm

Support the 21st Century Glass Stegal Act. Stop the Banks from being able to invest peoples savings, 401 K accounts and pension funds in high risk investments. Had the original Glass Steagal Act been left alone in the first place the country wouldn’t be in such bad shape today.

Leftzilla 07/24/2013 12:35pm

Support the 21st Century Glass Stegal Act. Stop the Banks from being able to invest peoples savings, 401 K accounts and pension funds in high risk investments. Had the original Glass Steagal Act ben left alone in the first place the country wouldn’t be in such bad shape today.

Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:41pm

Anonymous 02/23/2010 2:42pm

you fools that serve this evil system….good luk……….

patchouly 02/23/2009 6:34pm

Dear Anonymous,

You can’t help who your parents are, and you can’t always expect someone else to carry your load except God. Pray and give praise to him in good and bad times. Don’t complain, give thanks for what you have and have had. I don’t agree with the new socialist regime, but will have to abide by its unfair proposed amendments and laws.

W. Parrish
Patriot

C570482 07/04/2010 4:03pm

Dear Senator Isakson:

It has been noted that in the past you have voted for recent Bills to extend emergency unemployment benefits. Thank you, it is appreciated.

Please know citizens are watching the actions of Congress.

Anonymous 10/27/2008 6:23am

80% of Black voters support Obama, in spite of not knowing the slightest thing about what he is saying, other than the fact that he is promising more social programs so that they will have more reasons not to work for a living…VOTE FOR MCCAIN/PALIN!!!!!!

Official website: