Sen. Thomas Harkin
Democrat • Iowa • 5th Term • Sworn In 1985
- 48 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 22 of 99) 2 Made Into Law (Ranks 3 of 99)
- 194 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 52 of 100) 4 Made Into Law (Ranks 12 of 100)
- Today: 15
- Past Seven Days: 71
- All-Time: 48,926
- Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Commodities, Markets, Trade and Risk Management
- Conservation, Forestry and Natural Resources
- Nutrition, Specialty Crops, Food and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Agriculture, Rural Development, Food and Drug Administration, and Related Agencies
- Department of Defense
- Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Energy and Water Development
- State, Foreign Operations, and Related Programs
- Transportation and Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
- Children and Families
- Employment and Workplace Safety
- Primary Health and Aging
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2515 - Community Integration Act of 2014Read twice and referred Jun 24, 2014 5 Views
A bill to ensure that Medicaid beneficiaries have the opportunity to receive care in a home and community-based setting.
S.2511Read twice and referred Jun 19, 2014 6 Views
A bill to amend the Employee Retirement Income Security Act of 1974 to clarify the definition of substantial cessation of operations.
S.2486 - Restoring Overtime Pay for Working Americans ActRead twice and referred Jun 18, 2014 10 Views
A bill to amend the Fair Labor Standards Act of 1938 to establish salary thresholds for and limitations on executive, administrative, and prof...
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.2578Introduced in the Senate Jul 09, 2014 0 Views
A bill to ensure that employers cannot interfere in their employees' birth control and other health care decisions.
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 15 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.494Message on Senate action sent Jun 30, 2014 18 Views
A resolution relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr., former United States Senator for the State of Tennessee.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentAye (with party)July 09, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed S. 2363Aye (with party)July 07, 2014
On the Nomination PN1397: Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third CircuitAye (with party)July 07, 2014