Sen. James Risch
Republican • Idaho • 1st Term • Sworn In 2009
- 9 Sponsored Bills (Ranks 88 of 99) 0 Made Into Law (Ranks 29 of 99)
- 221 Co-Sponsored Bills (Ranks 33 of 100) 1 Made Into Law (Ranks 83 of 100)
Prior to being elected to the Senate, Jim Risch served as Idaho’s 37th Lieutenant Governor. He also served as Idaho's 31st Governor. In addition, he spent 11 elected terms in Idaho's State Senate. He is a small business owner, a rancher/farmer and senior partner in the Risch Goss Insinger Gustavel Law firm. Read More...
- Today: 9
- Past Seven Days: 44
- All-Time: 32,923
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Public Lands, Forests, and Mining
- Water and Power
- Senate Committee on Foreign Relations
- European Affairs
- International Development and Foreign Assistance, Economic Affairs, International Environmental Protection, and Peace Corps
- International Operations and Organizations, Human Rights, Democracy, and Global Women's Issues
- Near Eastern and South and Central Asian Affairs
- Senate Committee on Small Business and Entrepreneurship
- Senate Select Committee on Ethics
- Senate Select Committee on Intelligence
- United States Senate Caucus on International Narcotics Control
Most Recent Sponsored Bills
S.2335 - Future Logging Careers ActSponsor introductory remarks on measure May 14, 2014 5 Views
A bill to exempt certain 16 and 17 year-old children employed in logging or mechanized operations from child labor laws.
S.1928Read twice and referred Jan 15, 2014 9 Views
A bill to require the Government Accountability Office to study the expenses incurred by the Pentagon to meet its renewable energy and energy ...
S.1924Read twice and referred Jan 14, 2014 6 Views
A bill to require a report on INF Treaty compliance information sharing.
Most Recent Co-Sponsored Bills
S.Res.496Submitted in the Senate, considered, and agreed Jul 07, 2014 18 Views
A resolution relative to the death of the Honorable Alan John Dixon, former United States Senator for the State of Illinois.
S.Res.488Sponsor introductory remarks on measure Jun 26, 2014 12 Views
A resolution designating July 26, 2014, as "National Day of the American Cowboy".
S.Res.494Message on Senate action sent Jun 30, 2014 21 Views
A resolution relative to the death of Howard H. Baker, Jr., former United States Senator for the State of Tennessee.
Recent Voting History
On the Nomination PN1736: Julian Castro, of Texas, to be Secretary of Housing and Urban DevelopmentNay (with party)July 09, 2014
S. 2363: Bipartisan Sportsmen's Act of 2014
On Cloture on the Motion to Proceed S. 2363Aye (with party)July 07, 2014
On the Nomination PN1397: Cheryl Ann Krause, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third CircuitAye (with party)July 07, 2014