Barack Obama: U.S. presidential election, 2008/endorsements
From OpenCongress Wiki
| This article is part of the|
SourceWatch and Congresspedia coverage
of Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.) and
the 2008 presidential election
|Democratic ticket "top tier"|
The following relates to endorsements for Sen. Barack Obama (D-Ill.)
By members of Congress
Note that as of August 19, 2007, nine of the twenty-four congressional endorsements for Obama are from Illinois members of Congress and eight others are by minority members of Congress. There have only been two additional Congressional endorsements since July 19, 2007.
The "Oprah" candidate
- Search results for "obama" on Oprah.com.
- "Oprah's Cut with Barack Obama," O, The Oprah Magazine, November 2004.
- Lynn Sweet, "Oprah tells CNN's Larry King she wants Barack Obama to run for president," Chicago Sun-Times, September 25, 2006.
- Mark Silva, "Oprah endorses Obama for president," The Swamp Newsblog/Chicago Tribune, September 25, 2006.
- Suzanne Le Mignot, "Could Oprah Launch Obama To White House? Oprah Calls Obama Her 'Favorite Guy' For President, But He Still Says He's Not Running," CBS2Chicago (cache file), September 26, 2006.
- "Oprah dubs Obama 'favorite guy'," Chicago Sun-Times, September 26, 2006.
- Scott Fornek, "If Obama runs, I'll campaign for him, Winfrey says," Chicago Sun-Times, September 28, 2006.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson, "Despite What Oprah Says, Obama Isn't the Right Tonic for Democrats," New America Media/The Huffington Post, September 29, 2006.
- Clarence Page, "Oprah, Obama and the Leadership Gap," RealClearPolitics, October 2, 2006.
- "Barack Obama on the Tough Questions," The Oprah Winfrey Show, October 18, 2006.
- Ilana Mercer, "Oprah's Obama," Barely a Blog, December 11, 2006; Free-Market News Network, December 12, 2006.
- Alan Freeman, "Can Oprah's clout put Obama in the White House? As Barack Obama eyes the presidency, Winfrey becomes potential arbiter of U.S. political future," The Globe and Mail (Toronto, Canada), January 18, 2007.
- Alan Freeman, "Can Oprah sway votes for Obama?" The Globe and Mail (Toronto, Canada) (The Columbus Dispatch), January 27, 2007.
- Philip Potempa, "Oprah: supporting Obama, not Hillary," nwi.com, April 1, 2007.
- Tracy Stokes, "Bump Hillary, Oprah's Backing Obama," BET.com, April 3, 2007.
- News Release: "Can Oprah Winfrey Make Obama President? NewsMax Magazine Releases Special Report. NewsMax Magazine examines whether Oprah Winfrey, the most influential woman in America, can make Barack Obama the next President of the United States," PRWeb.com, May 14, 2007.
- Deanna Bellandi, "Oprah Winfrey to Raise Money for Obama. Oprah Winfrey to Host Fundraiser for Her Favorite Democratic Candidate -- Barack Obama," Associated Press (ABC News), July 17, 2007.
- Lynn Sweet, "It's party time! Oprah is lining up celebs for the September soiree she's throwing for Barack Obama at her California mansion that one supporter says will be 'the hottest ticket in town'," Chicago Sun-Times, July 18, 2007.
- Toshiba Reynolds, "Oprah Winfrey Is A Barack Obama Girl? Talk Show Queen Launches Campaign!" Post Chronicle, July 18, 2007.
- "Oprah Aims to Rescue Obama," NewsMax, July 18, 2007.
- "Feel Good News From Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton," HillaryIs44.org, November 21, 2007.
- Mark Halperin, "Why Oprah Won't Help Obama," TIME Magazine, November 26, 2007.
- Bruce Dixon, "Oprah & Obama: Corporate Marketing for a Corporate Campaign," ZMag, December 13, 2007.
- Fran Spielman, "Rare Daley move: Endorses Obama for primary," Chicago Sun-Times (FindArticles.com), December 20, 2006.
- Marcia Kramer, "Sharpton Rips Obama, Keeps Endorsement On Hold," CBS/WCBSTV.com, March 13, 2007. re Al Sharpton
- Stuart Young, "The Gloves Come Off as Sharpton Rips Obama," The Voice (UK), April 2, 2007.
- William Macklin, "Report: Jesse Jackson Backs Obama For President," All Headline News, April 2, 2007.
- Earl Ofari Hutchinson, "Jesse Jackson's Nod Won't Help Obama," EURwebcom, April 3, 2007.
- Jeremy Cameron Young, "A Historian Against Obama," History News Network, December 3, 2007.