North American Cooperative Security Act
From OpenCongress Wiki
The North American Cooperative Security Act (NACSA)—109th Congress, S. 853: "A bill to direct the Secretary of State to establish a program to bolster the mutual security and safety of the United States, Canada, and Mexico, and for other purposes"—was introduced April 20, 2005, in the U.S. Senate by Senator Richard G. Lugar (R-IN) and has 6 cosponsors (Senators Norm Coleman (R-MN), Chuck Hagel (R-NE), John McCain (R-AZ), John Cornyn (R-TX), Kay Bailey Hutchison (R-TX), and Ted Stevens (R-AK). The bill was read twice and referred to the Committee on Foreign Relations.
A companion bill, 109th Congress, H.R. 2672, was introduced May 26, 2005, in the U.S. House of Representatives by sponsor Rep. Katherine Harris (R-FL) with two cosponsors Stevan Pearce (R-NM) and Chris Shays (R-CT). On June 6, 2005, the bill was referred to the House Subcommittee on Intelligence, Information Sharing, and Terrorism Risk Assessment.
- Press Release: "Members of Congress Introduce Comprehensive Border Security & Immigration Reform Bill," Office of Sen. John McCain, May 13, 2005.
- Robert A. Pastor, "A North American Community Approach to Security." Testimony Invited by the Subcommittee on the Western Hemisphere, U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee, June 9, 2005. Also posted by Free Republic and the by the Council on Foreign Relations.
- News Release: "Harris Calls For Enhanced Border Security," Office of Rep. Katherine Harris, July 12, 2005.
- Opening Statement for Hearing on Border Security: U.S. Senate Foreign Relations Committee Chairman Dick Lugar made the following statement at today’s hearing on border security, Office of Sen. Dick Lugar, July 12, 2005.
- Deanna Spingola, "Building a North American community, the selling of America," RenewAmerica, July 15, 2005.
- Enrique Andrade González, "Mexican energy laws could hamstring security accord," Mexidata.info, July 18, 2005.
- Letter to Sen. Lugar, Border Trade Alliance, September 14, 2005.
- "Harris Praises Passage of Border Protection Act. Harris Provisions Adopted in Border Security Section," Office of Rep. Katherine Harris, December 17, 2005.
- Steven Yates, "United States of North America," The New American, May 1, 2006.
- Steven Yates, "The North American Union "MATRIX". Part 8," NewsWithViews, June 5, 2006. Also see other parts.
- Jerome R. Corsi, "Bush sneaking North American super-state without oversight? Mexico, Canada partnership underway with no authorization from Congress," WorldNetDaily, June 13, 2006.
- Diane Alden, "North American Union: Coup d'état American Style," NewsMax, June 17, 2006.
- Marti Oakley, "Get ready for the end of the U.S.," Times Writers Group (St. Cloud Times (MN)), July 6, 2006.
- Nanda Wickremasinghe, "FBI arrests in US and Canada signal Washington’s backing for war against LTTE," WSWS, August 29, 2006.
- "Republicans Work To Form A North American Union By 2010" (cache file), BillyBragg.co.uk, August 30, 2006.
- "North American merger topic of secret confab. Meeting on integration of U.S., Mexico, Canada brings together top officials," WorldNetDaily, September 20, 2006. Also posted by LibertyPost.org with comments.
- Steven Yates, "Quietly, Quietly, Building the North American Union," NewsWithView, October 6, 2006.