American Conservative Union 2007 House Scorecard
From OpenCongress Wiki
This congressional scorecard is from the American Conservative Union. The original scorecard is available here. Click through a member's name for their full profile or click through a vote number to read its full description.
- Republicans in UPPER CASE
- Democrats in Lower Case
- Independents in Bold Italics
- “+” indicates a vote for the ACU position
- “-” indicates a vote against the ACU position
- “(+) or (-)” indicates member made a formal announcement of position
- “X” indicates Absence. Members are not penalized for absences.
- “I” indicates not a member of congress at the time of the vote.
- “NA” Not applicable (i.e. not in office for that year)
- “YOS” - Years of Service
- “LIFE” – Lifetime score average
How ACU Determines Its Ratings and Why They Are Significant
As the premier conservative rating listed in all major political almanacs and reference guides, ACU's "Rating" is often quoted by the media and is extensively used by political strategists and candidates running for public office.
As the umbrella grassroots lobbying group of the Conservative Movement, ACU tracks a wide variety of issues before Congress, ranging from taxes to spending and national security to abortion. Accordingly, our ratings encompass three general categories: (1) economic and budget matters; (2) social and cultural issues, and (3) defense and foreign policy. ACU endeavors to analyze votes from each category in order to obtain a balanced, comprehensive picture of an individual member's ideological predisposition based upon recorded records.
Each member of the House and Senate is rated on a scale of 0 to 100.
The purpose of the "Rating" is to inform the public, in as unbiased a method as possible, exactly where individual Senators and Members of the House stand on the ideological spectrum from liberal to conservative.
|wiki name||Vote 1||Vote 2||Vote 3||Vote 4||Vote 5||Vote 6||Vote 7||Vote 8||Vote 9||Vote 10||Vote 11||Vote 12||Vote 13||Vote 14||Vote 15||Vote 16||Vote 17||Vote 18||Vote 19||Vote 20||Vote 21||Vote 22||Vote 23||Vote 24||Vote 25||Score||Agreeing Votes||Agreement Ratio|